Telguard TG-7FS

Has anyone here used the Telguard TG-7FS as the sole path for commercial fire? Given that cell service coverage varies widely by area, have you had problems with the 5 minute supervision window even in areas with good coverage?

Doug

Reply to
doug
Loading thread data ...

Doug,

Are you talking about an older 2G (SMS only) radio, or a 3G/4G multi-mode radio????

I'm asking because you can have lots of signal strength and still have problems with the SMS only radios. If the SMS side of the cell network is slow at times, it can cause communications failures and errors... I had a residential customer that kept losing service (Comm. Fail) off and on, I believed there was an SMS send and receive issue in the area... I installed a new 3G/4G radio, problem SOLVED, no more comm fails or missed signals....

If you're having trouble with an older TG-7FS (2.5 bars of signal or more), try a newer radio, I think your trouble will vanish just like mine did..

Good Luck, Russ

Reply to
Russell Brill

Russ

It would be a TG7GFD04

formatting link
which is a 3G/4G commercial fire alarm communicator, I have used many other Telguard products for security alarms, but this would be the first cellular fire alarm communicator I have used. I'm a little concerned that the 5 minute check in requirement when used as the sole path
formatting link
may generate too many issues.

At this point I'm not 100% if it can be used as a sole path commercial fire communicator in California, I'm just looking at the options

Thanks

Doug

Reply to
doug

Doug be sure and check with the agency that regulates fire alarms in your area.. Here in Kentucky USA their still using the NFPA 2002 rules with no EXCEPTIONS and cellular fire monitoring is NOT Allowed... (were still using pots lines for fire monitoring) RTS

Russ

It would be a TG7GFD04

formatting link
is a 3G/4G commercial fire alarm communicator, I have used many other Telguard products for security alarms, but this would be the first cellular fire alarm communicator I have used. I'm a little concerned that the 5 minute check in requirement when used as the sole path
formatting link
may generate too many issues.

At this point I'm not 100% if it can be used as a sole path commercial fire communicator in California, I'm just looking at the options

Thanks

Doug

Reply to
RockyTSquirrel

Doug,

My experience with the 3/4G stuff (so far) has been very positive, no problems yet... Now, to your sole path concerns, it is my understanding that Telguard recommends that the TG-7FS's be installed where at least two Cell towers can be heard by the radio... If you can only receive one tower on the indoor dipole antenna, then they recommend that an outdoor antenna be installed... Contact Matthew Brandon (Telguard rep), he can give you more dope on the sole path fire recommendations... I think you'll be pleasantly surprised with the 3/4G products, they're pretty good.....

Regards, Russ

Reply to
Russell Brill

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.