Tech-man.com New FTP Server

We now have a dedicated FTP server.

ftp://x:y@173.65.45.110/ (using web browser)

ftp://173.65.45.110:21/ user: x pass: y (using FTP program)

Anyone wishing to upload manuals can do so at anytime. If you wish a private ftp folder, contact me and I will do it for you.

Thank you

Jim Rojas

Reply to
Jim Rojas
Loading thread data ...

Try using the IP Address only. Then user & pass...There are 3 people logged in now.

Jim Rojas

Reply to
Jim Rojas

I can see someone having a hard time logging on...

Try:

lowercase x lowercase y

Reply to
Jim Rojas

Sorry Jim but the ftp isn't working least from this end... (using FTP program) error message; blocking call, password, port RTS

Reply to
RockyTSquirrel

Sorry Jim, still same problem.. no biggie, was just trying for practice... RTS

Reply to
RockyTSquirrel

werks for me

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Mee too.

Reply to
alarman

Must be that "Dell"...

Reply to
Frank Olson

More than happy to upload manuals (particularly ones that have in the past been publically available), but not so someone else can then charge people to download them.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

If you could provide me unlimited bandwidth and storage of PDF files on a dedicated server at no cost, I'd be glad to make access to the manuals free. I don't charge per manual. For as little as $10, you can download as many manuals as you have the bandwidth and storage space to handle.

Some telecom manual websites charge $15-120 for a single manual. This is one reason I started adding telecom as well as other types of documentation.

Jim Rojas

Andrew Gabriel wrote:

Reply to
Jim Rojas

Hey Jim,

Dreamhost has unlimited b/w & storage on all plans. They have a special going on that is a pretty sweet deal. It might be a good "backup" for you.

formatting link
unlimited disk space and bandwidth on all plans! Sign up today for a one-year hosting plan using the promotional code "777" and you'll get an entire year of web hosting (including a domain registration) for just $9.24! That's 92% off our normal pricing! Sign up now, choose "Host a Domain", and you're on your way toward the most features, the greenest commitment, the most openness, and the craziest blog in Web Hosting! Sign Up Now! * UNLIMITED Disk & BW * Many more features! * Sign up today! (Hurry, sale expires 3/30/2009.)

Reply to
G. Morgan

nah. but if using IE you gotta know how to finish opening the ftp

Reply to
Crash Gordon

hey do you need a Samsung DCS Compact manual? Far too big for me to scan...and I don't do telco stuff anymore.

Reply to
Crash Gordon

I think I have all the Samsung Compact manuals.

Jim Rojas

Crash Gord> hey do you need a Samsung DCS Compact manual? Far too big for me to

Reply to
Jim Rojas

Update:

ftp://x: snipped-for-privacy@tech-man.no-ip.biz/ (using web browser)

ftp://tech-man.no-ip.biz/ user: x pass: y (using FTP program)

I forgot that my IP Adress changes every few weeks. So I registered NO IP account which should make life easier.

Jim Rojas

Andrew Gabriel wrote:

Reply to
Jim Rojas

Not sure what he charges these days, but it seems that his price has always been reasonable. Should he bear the costs associated with providing the manuals himself?

Reply to
alarman

I have always provided free manuals to anyone just for the asking. The FTP now allows me to provide those same manuals that are way too large to send via email.

It does take time to add manuals to the website. I have to verify content, remove any password and/or embedded scripts. Then I add it to a spreadsheet. The spreadsheet is then nerged with the database. Then I verify and make sure the changes took effect.

100 manuals would take 3-4 hours to add on average.

Jim Rojas

alarman wrote:

Reply to
Jim Rojas

rites:

So .............. lemmie get this straight.

If you needed a manual and it was conveniently available at Jim's web site and you didn't have to go searching for it, or you couldn't get it anyplace but at Jims web site, ..... you wouldn't pay him for it because someone gave it to him at no cost.

Oh .... OK ...... Now I get it.

Reply to
Jim

Good to hear.

Jim Rojas

RockyTSquirrel wrote:

Reply to
Jim Rojas

Reply to
alarminstall

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.