tamper light on veritas R8 alarm

Can anyone help, a friend told me that fitting a new battery to my house al= arm would be easy, so i've just put a new battery in my alarm box and now i= 've got a red tamper light on the keypad and its not accepting any code tha= t i use, the engineers phone number is not being recognised. can anyone hel= p or do i really need a engineer.

Reply to
phil
Loading thread data ...

alarm would be easy, so i've just put a new battery in my alarm box and now= i've got a red tamper light on the keypad and its not accepting any code t= hat i use, the engineers phone number is not being recognised. can anyone h= elp or do i really need a engineer.

Hello Phil,

It sounds to me as if you are probably from Britain. I don't think there is= anyone in this group that would be familiar with your panel.=20

I think there is a British alarm group but I don't remember what it's calle= d. Perhaps someone else here might know.

Reply to
Jim

Hi It depends on the age of your panel.The newer BS rated panels can be programmed for engineers only reset on tamper or 24hr alarm. The first thing to try is check to see if the lid tamper spring is still there (they can be dislodged if the battery lead catches them) also if the lid is not fitted tightly the spring does not compress enough to activate the switch. Try holding the spring in whilst resetting the panel.If it resets to day mode ,before releasing the spring enter user code then press "Prog" all zone lights will light ,press 06 . You are now in walk test mode ,release tamper close door and panel should be ok. To exit walk test press "reset" twice. HTH CJ

Can anyone help, a friend told me that fitting a new battery to my house alarm would be easy, so i've just put a new battery in my alarm box and now i've got a red tamper light on the keypad and its not accepting any code that i use, the engineers phone number is not being recognised. can anyone help or do i really need a engineer.

Reply to
CJ

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.