Reply to
Jim Rojas

I hope so, I use a lot of them.

Reply to
alarman

Me too...when I can't get Hochikis

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Its a very good unit. You are better off with a two wire smoke. With a four wire you need to install a power supervision relay module to do it right. RW

Reply to
Roger W

Like others have said, good unit.

Remember though: Only one zone can be used for 2-wire smokes (Z1) so plan your wiring accordingly.

Reply to
G. Morgan

If he home runs 4c to each smoke, he can take care of the planning in the panel. In/out, In/out, etc. Service advantages, too.

Reply to
Steven Vaughan

If you are going to be using these in a residential setting I recommend that you go with the 2WTA-B.

The 2W-B does not have a sounder in it. In a residential fire you want as much noise as you can get.

Reply to
JoeRaisin

I like the 2WTA-W (thermostat and sounder).

Reply to
alarman

"alarman" wrote in news:Fmutl.83906$RJ7.82256 @newsfe18.iad:

I do too. if it's not a wireless install, chances are that it will be a 2wb or 4wb.

Reply to
motley me

I use the thermos too...have a buddy that swears by the sounder option too...I've only used the sounder ones where I've needed them though.

Reply to
Crash Gordon

I use them with a reversing relay (# RRS-MOD I think.) It triggers sounders on all smokes if any one trips.

Reply to
alarman

dat be's code to have sounders in bedrooms, eh?

Reply to
KingFish

The 2W-B (2 wire) does not show up on the compatibility list for the Vista 20. You'll have to use the 4W and an EOL supervision relay. Only the following 2-wire smokes are compatible (see page 18 of your Vista 20 installation manual):

System Sensor 2300TB, 2400, 2400TH, 2451 w/ B401B Base, 2451TH w/ B401B Base, 1400, 1451 w B401B Base, 2451 w/ DH400 Base, 1451 w/ DH400 Base,

1100 and 2100T

Use only UL approved compatible devices for connection to a listed panel. And the pro's here should really check their facts before opening their big yaps! :-)

Reply to
Frank Olson

thought they did that automajickly?

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Reply to
RockyTSquirrel

Indeed. dat be's.

Reply to
alarman

Donno, never tried it without the relay. The smokes are designed to sound off if the polarity is reversed.

Reply to
alarman

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.