surveillance for st tim's pre-school

Hello newsgroup,

Haven't read anything. Don't know much about the topic. I'm a handyman who implements things that other people tell me to do.

As a veteran of technical fora on usenet, I would like to claim an exception to the unrealistic maxim that I must do a bunch of reading of this particular forum before I post. That isn't realistic for my ability to look at a screen now.

formatting link
This is a walk-through. As far as other security clearances go, the labs are well-represented and forcing me to confront this, the air force is also almost endemic, and casey is on the case.

Peace. Love. 1.732,

Reply to
Uno
Loading thread data ...

I think my meds wore off during that last paragraph.

Everything suddenly got disjointed and surreal...

Reply to
JoeRaisin

There are aspects of this inquiry which I regard as surreal but couldn't say for certain without the cameras and data that I'm looking for.

1.732 is the square root of three and also washington's birthday.
Reply to
Uno

I think that you don't realize what you are not going to be able to see with just a few cameras.

I'm presume that your objective is to identify and possibly prosecute the intruders.

As much as night viewing of cameras is advertised, unless you have cameras that can give you a close up view of the intruders, all you are going to have as a result of a relatively expensive investment is recorded shadow views of unidentifiable people doing what ever it is that they have been doing to your property. For facial indentification you are going to need cameras that can give you close up views of the intruders. Which means that the number of cameras needed is more than you have indicated and the quality of lighting be much better. For instance, if you have one camera covering an entire parking lot, all the objects in the parking lot are going to be very small relative to to size of the screen you are viewing it on. You'll see a car and a person but you will be very unlikely to identifiy them. And that's in the daytime. Even if you get a camera with what is advertised as "capable of seeing 100 feet" you can probably discount that claim by

50% and even then you're only going to get a blury view a 50 feet at night.

That is not to say that there aren't cameras that can do what you want them to do .... it's just that I don't think you want to pay $700.00 to over a thousand dollars per camera to do it and then start adding in the recording equipment and installation labor.

What I beleive the problem is nowdays, is that the layman thinks that anything is possible when it comes to CCTV because of all these TV programs that make people believe that they can see the license plate number on a car, in the reflection of mirrored sunglasses, two blocks away on a dark moonless night.

I would suggest that you first try to find other physical means to deter your intruders before you make a large investment in technology that will likely give you very limited results. ...... OR ...... call in a professional who might be better able to evaluate a solution with an on site inpection. But ..... do your homework ..... there are lots of cameras out there and don't let anyone sell you a bill of goods. Ask for a demonstation of what your are going to be able to see.

Good luck.

Reply to
Jim

I second Jim on this . he is correct what you want to accomplish is going to take considerable designing and funds.

Reply to
nick markowitz

thanks all for responses. I'll try to sharpen up the specs. The technology is dizzying with innovation.

Peace. Love. St. Tims,

Reply to
Uno

Do you have control over these light poles, or are they city?

formatting link

Reply to
G. Morgan

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.