SURVEILLANCE

I have a customer that wants to be able to put a camera at their parent house to check on him from time to time to make sure he is alright. He fell the other day and nobody new anything was wrong for a couple of hours. Does anyone know of a camera that can be used that would work with just a land line? He does not have internet. I know I can get an IP camera and cheap dsl for them but thought I'd see if anyone knew of a camera that could be used just over a phone line. TIA

Reply to
AlarmGuy
Loading thread data ...

medical panic button keyfob?

i'd think you'd need a lot of cameras to cover every corner of every room of a house

Reply to
CH®IS

Are you planning to have this dialed and connected constantly? Or will the camera just know when something's wrong so it should dial in? Or will you have it answer the phone on incoming calls... er... oops, that's not a good idea.

I think cheap DSL and a low-end IP PTZ cam are probably your best bet... or as Chris says, a "medical panic button keyfob".

Reply to
Matt Ion

already got one.

who said I wanted to cover every corner?

Reply to
AlarmGuy

that's a stupid idea.

another stupid idea

how about answering machine bypass? dumbass.

if you could comprehend what you read you would see I already mentioned that

so neither one of you has an answer. thanks for wasting your and my time.

Reply to
AlarmGuy

And if you could comprehend what you read, you'd see I was agreeing with your initial assessment. But I guess you're too busy being an asshole. Don't expect any help from anyone else if this is the way you respond.

Hmm, maybe if you'd mentioned in the first place that you had one of these, you wouldn't have wasted ours to begin with.

Reply to
Matt Ion

There is NO such device available to meet your current or future needs based upon my level of knowledge on the subject. Since there is little other information provided in order to help with any other aspect of the situation at hand, it will be better to not mention any alternatives. NO--NO--NO--NO NO--NO--NO--NO NO--NO--NO--NO NO--NO--NO--NO NO--NO--NO--NO NO--NO--NO--NO NO--NO--NO--NO NO--NO--NO--NO NO--NO--NO--NO NO--NO--NO--NO NO--NO--NO--NO NO--NO--NO--NO NO--NO--NO--NO NO--NO--NO--NO NO--NO--NO--NO NO--NO--NO--NO NO--NO--NO--NO NO--NO--NO--NO NO--NO--NO--NO NO--NO--NO--NO, etc.

Have a nice day!!!

Reply to
ABLE1

then you are a moron. I already found it. take your suggestions and put them where the sun don't shine.

Reply to
AlarmGuy

Check out Oz Vision they make a dial up unit which ties to standard phone line and allows upto 8 cameras to be viewed and controled I use it where customers can not get internnet or want to avoid cost and just need to look in ocassionally.

Reply to
nick markowitz

You asked for advice. Two people tried to assist you. In return you insulted both of them. In the spirit of warmth and goodwill that has pervaded this newsgroup for the past few months, allow me to be the first to say, "Get lost."

Best regards, Robert

Reply to
Robert L Bass

who says someone can't drop dead in the bathroom... or the back of a storage room in the basement... or outside in the yard...

Reply to
CH®IS

so you gonna put cameras all over the world? good luck with that.

Reply to
AlarmGuy

Check out Oz Vision they make a dial up unit which ties to standard phone line and allows upto 8 cameras to be viewed and controled I use it where customers can not get internnet or want to avoid cost and just need to look in ocassionally.

thank you

Reply to
AlarmGuy

I asked a question, asshole. now drop dead and hit your head on the way down.

Reply to
AlarmGuy

LOL. Really.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

I'd do it the other way around... have the modem dial out and upload a few stills at intervals, then hang up. That way you don't wake the guy up or disturb him with an incoming data call.

Reply to
G. Morgan

Well ...... it was nice having this conversation with you.

I'm sure we'll all try to remember you the next time that you come around asking questions because you know so much more than anyone else here.

Reply to
Jim

I believe Alarmgay told ABLE1, in an earlier post, that he has already found a solution. So why bother keeping this thread going. He obviously doesn't want to hear any viable, worthwhile solutions or take any advice on how to better serve his customer. One grasshopper that will always have a tendency to learn the hard way and with an attitude to boot.

Reply to
Bob Worthy

Well ...... it was nice having this conversation with you.

I'm sure we'll all try to remember you the next time that you come around asking questions because you know so much more than anyone else here.

Maybe he can throw his hat through the door of cyberspace first.

Reply to
Bob Worthy

Jim, this guy's been here a long time. He's trolling.

Robert

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.