Street Smart Security

I just came across a WEL-R Street Smart Security wireless unit connected to a NX-6 panel during a takeover. First time I have ever seen one. It is connected to the data buss and has wireless panic buttons.

Anybody have any opinion (stupid question) on these units good, bad or neutral???

I don't really like the install since the receiver is in the far rear of the store and the transmitters would be used some 125' in the front of the store. According to the specs there is to be a max of 100' range. Seems a little short for the application.

Just looking for some good input.

TIA

Les

Reply to
ABLE_1
Loading thread data ...

Have a look around. There could be another receiver "lurking" somewhere (check the number of connections at the keypad at the front of the store).

Reply to
Frank Olson

Thanks Frank,

I am going to move the keypad at customers request so it may show up at that time. However I am thinking it may not.

Les

Reply to
ABLE_1

some of those keypads have a reciever in them.

Reply to
Group Host

The keyfob remotes I've installed have been working for quite a few years now with no problems. All are residential and used for arm and disarm along with garage door opener and outside light indicator for status of the alarm.

Reply to
Jim

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.