Starlink

I have a couple new old stock Starlink Cells I ran across yesterday in the shop. I could use an RP1CAe2 keypad or better yet a DK1CA keypad.

Anybody want to swap?

you can use the contact form at my website to start a conversation if you don't already have my email address.

formatting link

Reply to
Bob La Londe
Loading thread data ...

I'm using nothing less then the Starlink Connect now. (includes the iBridge Messenger with the virtual keypad)

Reply to
Jim Davis

Jim

have you had problems with your I-Bridge not working on some cell tower clusters?

We've had several clusters here in Kentucky which would not support the the feature..

(everything else just not the I-Bridge..)

Reply to
RTS

On 4/25/2018 8:14 PM, Jim Davis wrote: > On Wednesday, April 25, 2018 at 12:21:21 PM UTC-4, Bob La Londe wrote: >> I have a couple new old stock Starlink Cells I ran across yesterday in >> the shop. I could use an RP1CAe2 keypad or better yet a DK1CA keypad. >> >> Anybody want to swap? >> >> you can use the contact form at my website to start a conversation if >> you don't already have my email address.

formatting link
> > I'm using nothing less then the Starlink Connect now. (includes the iBridge Messenger with the virtual keypad) >

Ok, I just threw them on Fleabay then.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

iBridge Messenger with the virtual keypad)

What service providers are in your area? And what does Napco have to say ab out the problem?

Are you using the IBridge module with the Starlink radio or are you using t he Starlink Connect. I never used the module version of the IBridge. / I presume that when it doesn't work via cellular that you use the computer network connection to obtain operation of the IBridge (??) And that works or ... (??) / I haven't had one single problem with the Starlink from day one. I've got one that's been working reliably at a 103db for almost a year now. / HOWEVER, I do live in a very high density Cellular deployment area. Verizon, ATT, T

-Mobile, Sprint and all of the other aftermarket suppliers. Boost, Cricket US mobile etc. We've got cellular antennas on top of just about every tall building around and now I see them on top of telephone poles. / I'm thinking that in the future there will be no need for microwave ovens. Just take the food out of the refridge and by the time it gets to the table it'll be cooked.

Reply to
Jim Davis

Sorry Jim, I over looked the "funny" about the microwaves.. LOL True so true...

Reply to
RockyTSquirrel, esq

ical

Rocky T. Squirrel, esq.

What does Napco have to say about it?

Reply to
Jim Davis

none of their suggestions worked out..

It does seem that AT&T  is the major problem though..

but with either type  the IBridge is the only problem

everything else works just like normal.

Reply to
RTS

ical

I don't know how important it is to you to have the IBridge working but wou ld you/ do you ..... consider using the network connection instead of the c ellular connection?

I've never used the network connection myself because cellular service is s o good where I am. I also don't think network transmission is as reliable a s Cellular, but I'm thinking that if you could make more on the installatio n job and a greater monthly if you provided your customer with both central station monitoring and remote control .... that it might be worth trying t o use a network connection exclusively.

Reply to
Jim Davis

ical

Also, it just occurred to me ..... have you spoken to ATT? I know that they offer an "enhanced" service around here if someone is having a problem wit h their cellular connection. One service is that they provide a "booster" in the home that I believe act ually picks up the signal from the cellular device and sends it over the in ternet on what I presume to be VoIP though their modem.

I don't know if this would work with the Starlink or not.

Another thing that is available is an actual Cellular Antenna on the house that enhances the signal from the tower. But I've never thoroughly investig ate that.

And another question ...... does the IBridge ,,,,, ALWAYS ...... not work , ,,,, or just in some places?

Reply to
Jim Davis

Aren't all the Starlink Connects on the Verizon CDMA network? I thought that CDMA had a sunset date of Dec 2019, but I just heard from Napco that the date has been extended through Dec 2022 and that they will soon be releasing the LTE version of its communicators.

Doug

Reply to
doug

And ...... ?

Reply to
Jim Davis

Howdy Jim, the areas where we have the most problems with IBridge are signal rich (4-5 bars on standard cell phone) it's just the tower clusters in that area seem to be microwave linked.. our techie guy has had several lengthy talks with AT&T. they generally give the impression they "don't give a rats #$%^" if some odd app doesn't work, so long as text and voice do.. Rural Ky. USA is a long way from a Tech heaven.. a fair percentage of out alarm systems still use POTs lines.. even DSL.. What U-Verse AT&T installs an outside contractor will most likely have to come in to get it working.. The AT&T employees I've crossed paths with are kind of shell shocked.. A large percentage of their regulars were forced to retire due to cutbacks, and the remaining ones are over loaded with tech issues they just don't have a handle on... I will say the Verizon guys do a much better job of fixing tech problems the first time...

RTS

Reply to
RockyTSquirrel, esq

Hi Rocky

I'm assuming that you get more money from a client if you can provide the IBridge service so rather than not sell it at all because of a failure to function via cellular service .......

Again, have you tried to use the IBridge using a network connection rather than cellular?

Reply to
Jim Davis

Jim,  our sales guy says we charge a flat rate for monitoring and customer service.

So I'd assume its the same rate with or without the IBridge  feature..

I only know of our techie guy using the network connection for access..

Reply to
RTS

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.