Spectra

Hi there

Anyone have any dealings with the Spectra, 1728 panels (Paradox)

Ive recently tried to take one over (existing client in a new house) and its been locked out. (installer locked) which cant be defaulted by the normal method. This is fine, but ive been told by tech help that even the suppliers cant default the panel and we will have to replace the pcb (Im in Australia by the way)

Surely Paradox would do something dumb like have no back door into their systems. Even if we have to pay an unlocking fee. Replacing the pcb seems a bit stupid to me.

Paul

Reply to
Paul
Loading thread data ...

The Paradox Spectra?

Reply to
Bob Worthy

So noboday knows anything about Spectra panels then?

(see my previous post)

Reply to
Paul

There is no "back door" to a locked-out Paradox panel other than a hardware reset which only a favoured few know how to do. In Canada those are "Action Jackson", and Bob Campbell. In the US, it's Jim Rojas. (Of course there's always the manufacturer as well). In Austrailia, I'd suggest talking things over with your local Paradox rep. I'm sure they must provide a similar service "down under" somewhere... :-))

Reply to
Frank Olson

The distributor in Austraila told me that not even they can do a reset if installer lockout has been programmed.

The customer had to buy a new Pcb and throw the old one away.

Paul

Reply to
Paul

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.