Some help please

Hi Group, Can I control the Visonic powermax + via my lap top. I mean if a panel rings me can I reset it being a key holder for my Customer.I hope you know what I mean.

Kind Regards

Micky Savage.

Reply to
Micky Savage
Loading thread data ...

Dunno. But, why would you want to reset it if you're not there?

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Hi Crash, Not explaining my-self very well. My Customers Daughters come home late and pissed. They set it off and I then get contcted bt the panel. I check to make sure all is ok . I was informed you could reset iit remotly.

Kind Regards.

Micky Savage.

Reply to
Micky Savage

Just because everyone wants to be able to do anything from either their cell phone, Ipod or laptop.

It's the next stage of development for the couch potato.

I'm going to coin it to be called the "Life" potato.

Reply to
Jim

Just because everyone wants to be able to do anything from either their cell phone, Ipod or laptop.

It's the next stage of development for the couch potato.

I'm going to coin it to be called the "Life" potato.

besides most systems reset themselves after the siren times out.

Reply to
Bob

Not explaining this very well.

Micky

Reply to
Micky Savage

I take it she s not good with technology. I'd sell them a key fob for her. might as well make some money on the deal.'

Reply to
Bob

Not really. If the customer's daughters come home "pissed" and set off the alarm, why is it your responsibility to reset it?

If you're asking about remote control of the system, and want to do it with your laptop, are you able to plug into a landline to dial it up? Are you thinking you can do it over the Internet?

Reply to
G. Morgan

Something has the aroma of an aquarium.

Reply to
Steven Vaughan

Hi Micky,

Never used one so can't say for sure. The literature says you can but it might be in some obscure location in the software.

If it doesn't have URN, can you not remove eng reset and make it customer.

Reply to
Paul Ekins

Hi Micky,

According to Visonic you can do "remote home management ? alarms, lights, appliances, A/C ? via telephony, cellular or Internet connections." To me that sounds as though you can control the alarm via the Internet. The "telephony" part is controlled via DTMF (touch tone) using an ordinary phone without any PC at all.

Also, the following is taken from the Powermax+ installation manual:

Control Facilities:

- Integral keypad

- PowerCode / Code-Secure hand-held transmitters

- Wireless commander, MCM-140+

- Remote telephone

- Local or remote computer

Obviously, you'll want to evaluate the benefit in terms of simple remote access vesus the cost, reduced overall security, of implementing any of these options.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Behave Mr Vaughan, The fishy statement,is so immature.. As part of the deal,I put my number into the system for the first year ,if it goes off I respond to it.Alarm work not easy to get over here so what ever it takes when work comes along.

So if you want to insinuate anything, do it to my face noe behind immature schoolboy humour.

Kind Regards.

Micky Savage.

Modern Security Systems. Leeds U.K.

+447984073882

Reply to
Micky Savage

How interesting that there's no listing in the telephone directory.

Reply to
Steven Vaughan

So???

Reply to
Frank Olson

Go away.

Reply to
Micky Savage

actuallly he is loosley quoting bass. so that would make bass the sad person. dont shoot the messenger.

Reply to
Bob

Hey Mick, you are entertaining, and thanks for that. I have a little request to burden upon you. Please properly preface quoted lines with the ">" greater than symbol, so we can see where your comments start and the quoted text ends.

Reply to
G. Morgan

< f88ck > you,
Reply to
Micky Savage

Well, well.... That wasn't very nice. What's your problem?

Reply to
G. Morgan

Shhhhh......

I like watching him stumble around. :-)

Reply to
G. Morgan

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.