Smoke alarms

I don't think there is any "should" involved.

If the chamber needs to be changed upon inspection ..... then change it. You could also, just as a matter of policy, change the chamber every time you inspect it. It's your choice.

Me? If the chamber can be cleaned sufficently to a "like new" condition .... I clean it. If not or there is any doubt, I change it.

Reply to
Jim
Loading thread data ...

It's on the manufacturers box, as a mandate; not a recommendation. I'm not going fishing for the code, but isn't following manufacturer's directions considered 'code'?

Reply to
G. Morgan

Unless they were drop shipped direct I would just assume the distributor shelved somebody's returns.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

Correct.

In addition, in Canada, the inspection standard is CAN/ULC-S536-04 (the Working Group of which I also happen to chair) requires that each smoke detector be tested for sensitivity (using the Manufacturer's approved testing means).

Reply to
Frank Kurz

That's why I love the auto-sensitivity test in digital smokes. No more R2-D2 machine, just press a couple of keys and the full report of all the detectors exact measurements are displayed. It's like cheating, if you've done the vaporized mineral oil method before! :-)

Reply to
G. Morgan

My first thought as well. But they were drop shipped direct from GE at the time.

Les

Reply to
ABLE1

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.