Simplex wants Union workers to install there product

Have a contractor I do sub work for that has a large retirement village he handles and they like our work . We have been installing Simplex equiptment with no problems and it works great. Now al of a suden the rep for Simplex says they only want Union workers installing there products there. Needless to say the management told them No . It us or no one .

Since when is its simplex buisness to say who installs ther stuff.

Reply to
nick markowitz
Loading thread data ...

They have no right to make such demands. Only the AHJ can require that.

Jim Rojas

Reply to
Jim Rojas

I understand Simplex is a union shop (at least here in BC). The same goes for GE/Edwards. I don't know what their problem is. There are plenty of non-union jobsites out there. I figure the ratio could be as high as 80/20 (80 percent non-union).

Reply to
Frank Olson

I don't think the AHJ even has the right to say it has to be union.

Obama's buddies?

Reply to
Crash Gordon

In BC, the AHJ has no authority in the decision for a contractor (or owner) to use union or non-union workers. The owner has the option of inviting (and accepting) bids from union contractors only, however. It is, after all, HIS project.

Reply to
Frank Olson

Can't be, Simplex didn't get a government bailout that I know of

Reply to
mleuck

Usually, (in my experience) the unions usually get involved when the customer has a union shop. It's that union who, when seeing work done for their employer, will try to get manufacturers, or who ever they can, to "suggest" that only union contractors be allowed to do work at the company. It depends upon the relationship between the employer and his union people. If he hasn't lived up to their (usually outrageous) demands they may try to give him a hard time in this regard.

I've been threatened with "my office" being picketed because I was doing alarm work in a small shop in a major shopping mall. I was informed that any wires being pulled must be done by a union electrician, even if the alarm guy had to stand by his side to tell him what kind of wire, provide the wire and where to run it. In this case, they were going to "allow" me to hook up the hardware and set up the system as long as the shop owner "paid" (off) the Mall electrician. While they were contacting the shop steward and the union reps to get me ousted from the premises, I just continued working and ran the wires and left. Next day, I expected big trouble but when I got there no one happened to be there and I finished the job. (although I had to do it with only lights coming in through the front glass windows). I figured someone was going to sabotage the job, but nothing happened for some reason.

When one of the irate union workers was threatening me with my "workers and office and all of my jobs" being picketed, I asked him how proud he felt in front of his family about making a career out of being overpaid for doing little to nothing for a living and that he was free to picket my house anytime he wanted to. I'd provide sandwiches and soda. He seemed a little confused about what to do about that.

It's really hard for me to imagine what kind of mentality these people have about any sense of accomplishment in their lives. It's the same mentality of those people who think the government should take care of them from the time they're born till they die. They want no responsibility for themselves. Just let someone else do the work to sustain the infrastructure while they reap the benefits. No thoughts about the drain on society and on those who actually produce more than they consume.

Ayn Rand was a prophet first .... then a philosopher.

Reply to
Jim

we know part of it is were good at what we do so simplex techs do not get extra work orders for stuff not being done right

Reply to
nick markowitz

Agreed, though that never stops some of them from insisting.

Could be. Obama has always been on the side of the working man.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Yes that's why he's in the process of putting so many of them out of work

Reply to
mleuck

Obama is trying to restore us to where we were before your idiot friend, GWB ruined everything. Until the Idiot stole the election in 2000, we were in great shape -- the result of eight years of Clinton. The only thing Clinton stole was Monica's dignity and clearly, that was of no consequence. Bush stole the largest surplus of any nation in all history and gave it to his rich political supporters, all the while destroying our economy and sacrificing thousands of American soldiers on the altar of his own ego.

Feel free to disdain Obama, the smartest US president in over 100 years. Your party did all they could to destroy this country. At least Obama is trying to repair it. Whatever you do, please... please.... please get Palin to run on the front of the Repugnant ticket in 2012. You'll do the country a great service (and provide comedians the world over with a wealth of new material).

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Just out of curiosity, upon what evidence (other than your agreement with his policies) do you base your assessment of our president's intelligence?

Have you seen his school transcripts? Seen the results of an IQ test?

I like this example of someone touting his IQ without a clue as to what it could be.

formatting link
Here are some another reference to historical IQ's along with some explanation:

formatting link

I'm not trying to be political - just asking how you can continue to speak to something as a given when I have seen no evidence to support your speculations. I am, however, open to be enlightened...

Reply to
JoeRaisin

Considering a trillion dollars in "stimulus" made things worse I'd much rather have her in charge than him. It should be expected I suppose, the "community organizer" had no experience running a city or state like Sarah has.

Reply to
mleuck

To Robert it doesn't matter what he says it's how he says it, or as long as the teleprompter feeds it to him

Reply to
mleuck

That's a legitimate question. The best answer I can give is to note what others have observed about his accomplishments. The following except is from the L.A. Times:

"By Tammerlin Drummond Times Staff Writer

Barack Obama stares silently at a wall of fading black-and-white photographs in the muggy second-floor offices of the Harvard Law Review. He lingers over one row of solemn faces, his predecessors of 40 years ago.

All are men. All are dressed in dark-colored suits and ties. All are white.

It is a sobering moment for Obama, 28, who in February became the first black to be elected president in the 102-year history of the prestigious student-run law journal.

The post, considered the highest honor a student can attain at Harvard Law School,...."

I don't know if you are aware of it, but the Harvard Law Review is the most highly respected legal journal in the USA. Although AFAIK, Obama never released his college transcripts, he graduated magna cum laude from Harvard Law School (the second highest honor available). That doesn't happen easily. In fact, just getting into Harvard Law is difficult enough.

No to both questions. However, besides the above comments, I have listened to Obama speak on various issues. He comes across as very intelligent, knowledgeable and (at least it seems) somewhat humble.

My PC speakers are screwed up so that one didn't help.

Just observing the man, I get the strong impression he's brilliant and I don't impress easily.

Just for comparison, let's look at what the Republicans offered us during the last presidential campaign. McCain, although a decent and moderately intelligent person, is certainly no scholar. Palin is clearly a moron of the first order. Bush, who those two (the plural form of "that one" :^)) tried to follow, is the most incompetent nitwit to darken the White House door in our nation's history. I'd say we've moved way up on the intelligence ladder by replacing Bush and his would-be successors with Barak Obama.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Heh, heh, heh. Sarah Palin isn't running a state. She ran *away* from the job she was elected to do. She couldn't take a little heat from the press and function as governor of one of the smallest (population) states in the country. Imagine how she would have handled an international crises. What a joke.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Actually Clinton is quite a bit brighter than Obama.

Reply to
Steve

I used to shoot hoops with him at Punahou, he got by and little more.

Reply to
Steve

Yep... in the dark...

Reply to
Frank Olson

Clearly, that was a hoax. His IQ isn't anywhere near that high.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.