Silent Knight Fire Panels

Are all the standard Silent Knight panels sans communicator?

The last one I installed was a 5104B several years ago, and I don't recall having to add a plug in communicator to it.

I recall you had to add-on their atleast temporarily the keypad/annunciator to program it, but I don't recall having to add a communicator.

Reply to
Bob La Londe
Loading thread data ...

keypad/annunciator

Thanks Mike. I was checking the Silent Knight website, and under conventional Fire Panels they don't list the 5104, but when I check ADI' on-line inventory they show 50 plus of them in stock so I know its still in circulation.

Thanks again.

Looks like a 5104 and a 5230 will fill the niche for me.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

Bob,

5208, 5207 and the Addressable 5700, 5808 and 5820 have built in 2-line DACTS 2224, 4224,6324, conventional do not. 5104 still has one Mike S
Reply to
Mike Sokoly

Yes you can temporarily add-on or use the 5230 annunciator,technically you dont have to use the 5230 cause there is a push button silence switch on the board inside the cabinet. Just be aware that if you do use the 5230 you will not be able to program custom Zone descriptions it will only give "ZONE 1 (ALARM OR TROUBLE OR SUPERVISORY)". Also the panel has been revised to 6 zones instead of just 4.

Sean

Reply to
SeanSokoly

So why the heck doesn't SK make a fire panel with a communicator? They price themselves above the market with their piggy back arrangement. Their prices look goood until you realize they don't come with a communicator.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

Bob,

You seem like a nice guy who wants to do a job the right way. Why would you want to use a communicator as a fire panel? That's right, the 5104B is a 6 channel communicator. It doesn't have any controls. God help you if you want to hook up signals to it. How does the fire department or the building personnel tell which zone is in alarm? Wait for the central station to call? The keypad is ok for programming but almost useless as an annunicator/control. We use the 5104B to monitor fire panels. There is a very good reason Silent Knight's own web site doesn't list it under conventional fire panels. They list it as a Fire Alarm Communicator. That is what it should be used for.

Thanks for letting me vent. I have seen too many 5104's in warehouses and such, monitoring half a dozen waterflows, tampers, low temps, etc on 1 or 2 zones.

Mike Breslin

Reply to
MikeyB

They do Bob, 5207, 5208, 5808 all have communicators built-in

Reply to
Mark Leuck

And the 5700

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Hmm. Just a guess here, but is it may be because Silent Knight is a Honeywell company now, and a fire panel with built-in communicator would interfere with their offerings under the FireLite name? Again, just a guess.

Mike

Reply to
MikeyB

Excuse Me Breslin, But the 5104 DOES have the capacity for 1 supervised or nonsupervised Notification circuit on terminals 21 and 22 at 12VDC. Mike S

Reply to
Mike Sokoly

It can be used as a standalone for Sprinkler Applications That's right,

Yes and it is fully supervised and is UL 874 listed as Stand-alone or a Slave DACT It doesn't have any controls. Wrong- 5230 gives FULL annunciation

It has 1 NAC output How does the fire

Uh, What does "ANNUNCIATOR" mean?

Yep, its a "COMMUNICATOR" The keypad is ok for

Wrong again- Raed the MAnual We use the

OK Itrs listed for that use There is a very good reason Silent

Semantics That is what it should be

In whose opinion, YOURS?

NFPA says 5 max per Zone tampers, low temps, Supervisory - I think the Manual says SUPERVISORY Spec sheet also provides a "STANDALONE" waterflow Block diagram- SOOO Bob IMHO if u want to monitor a Sprinkler System as Slave to a FACP OR use 5104 as STANDALONE with thw 5320 Annunciator - unless the AHJ objects - its afine panel contrary to Breslins "OPINION" Mike S

Bob, Go to SK's website and download the pdf for 5104.

Reply to
Mike Sokoly

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.