Should all zones be 24 hour supervised

Hello again group,

I was wondering if all zones fire, smoke, heat, motion and doors should be programmed as supervised and should they all be 24hr? I know fire is 24 hour supervised, but do the motion detectors and door sensors need to be 24 hour as well?

Thanks

Bill snipped-for-privacy@nycap.rr.com

formatting link
100% Uncensored , 100% Anonymous, 5$/month Only!

Reply to
Bill
Loading thread data ...

It depends on the control panel. Typically you wouldn't make an arm/disarm zone a 24 hour zone, but if the control panel is capable of being programmed in a fashion where for example: open-disarmed-nothing open-armed-alarm short-disarmed-trouble short-armed-alarm and of course normal Using the resistor for supervision, and receiving a short on the loop would/could cause a trouble or supervisory signal to be sent to the CS. It depends on the panel.

Reply to
Jackcsg

It would help if we knew which panel you're tawking about. Kinda sounds like your confusing terms between wireless supervision and a

24hr zone - or something. Give us more info.

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Welp...he's just now started to use the system and is not being monitored yet until he gets back from vacation. So far he says it's not been a problem...he's gonna ask his bro-in-law how he is doing it. ... in other words I haven't had to deal with it yet:-) When he gets home he's gonna finish his lan and punch me down so I can Compass it and try out what you guys had recommended..if I can remember what that was!

Personally I think he needs a 4219 before anything else!

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Yes, 24 hr zones are armed (and should not be bypassable) all the time.

I'm still not sure what you mean by "supervised zones are monitored for things like low battery" the panel battery is not on a zone but is supervised by the system itself. Off hand I can't think of a device on a wired zone that would/could have a "supervised battery". Most zones are supervised by an eolr if thats what you mean. Sorry, but I know nothing about Silent Knight except for the really old fire panels.

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Reply to
JoeRaisin

In that case yes..you want them supervised, but not if they are devices that can be removed from the premises...like wireless keyfobs etc.

Reply to
Crash Gordon

I have a 4720 Silent Knight panel with a 4724 board installed. Supervised zones are monitored by the panel for things like low battery, correct?

24 hour zones are monitored even if the system is disarmed? So if there was a fire and the system was not armed it would still send a fire alarm to the CS?

Thanks

Bill snipped-for-privacy@nycap.rr.com

formatting link

Reply to
Bill

but keep in mind that that is usually different than a 24hr ZONE.

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Most of the system is wireless except for the heat sensors. I think the supervised option allows for communication with the wireless sensors. So they can tell the panel if they have trouble or low battery, but this is only a guess.

formatting link

Reply to
Bill

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.