Self Monitoring....

True.

Also true.

What if your friend falls asleep or his phone line happens to be muzzled at the time?

FTR, I believe that 24-hour monitoring is a useful service and well worth the $8-10 monthly charge that many online dealers charge. It is NOT an essential element of every security system, however. The property owner needs to assess his individual situation and decide for himself.

Reply to
Robert L Bass
Loading thread data ...

Monitoring by professionals is not required.

The usual arguments of monitoring stations are that they are available all the time, they apply standard procedures with your authorization and some phone numbers you have to provide of persons they can contact and more...

How do i reject theyre "not reachable" argumentation? When an alarm is detected i dial 2 numbers:

- my cell phone

- the place where the alarm is originated from, my home.

Why ? Well when I'm not reachable for action (at the theater for instance or for any other reason) i redirect my alarm phone-line "conditionally" (line busy) to an alternative person who has been informed prior and agree to take action to warn police of an ongoing alarm and monitor theyre presence acknowledge.

I can redirect the alarm phone number (and check presence) of the involved person:

- with my home-phone before i leave

- with my cell phone at any time and place;

When I'm not reachable on my cell-phone, i will know exactly who is involved for action.

I repeat for the "deaf pro's", no direct personal intervention, police will do it and theyre (re)action time will be monitored by a truly and well defined person for true information.

How good will you feel when you elect an all included out of your control standard handling procedure by a monitoring station to protect your belongings? Think it over.

Paul

Reply to
-pull

You really should stick to Belgian newsgroups...can't understand a word of your English.

Reply to
Stanley Barthfarkle

ithoughtwe weretrying to ignoreourfriendpaulie

Reply to
Crash Gordon

paulieparrot(pullshootrfiidiot)

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Paulie who?

Norm Mugford

Reply to
Norm Mugford

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.