Selective Entry Delays Per Zone?

No but you still have to do SOME zone programming :)

Reply to
Mark Leuck
Loading thread data ...

Forget I said that, no wires showing isn't Tom Fowler

| > In my comment about disingenuity I was referring to Fowler -- not you. | | As I recall Fowler DOES know perimeter zones and how to program them | | | |

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Common decency??

:-))

Reply to
Frank Olson

Ahhh... the famous two hour "I'll teach you all about installing a system professionally" support session... Let's see... you sell what?? 11 systems a day?? Here's what I've noticed... An individual purchases a system from you and what happens?? They have to post *in this forum* to get any response at all from you. By this point they're so frustrated from getting your email "auto responder", and the "full mailbox" message on your telephone system I doubt they'd ever purchase product from you again. Then there's the matter of the screwed up orders. Your frequent "website rfresh" messages, no access to your monitoring contract, references to your providing "UL Listed monitoring service" when the station you're using

*does't* carry any such listing... The holidays in Brazil... The three unresolved complaints at the BBB... Tsk!!!

Check. You're a perfect example...

Uh-huh... are these people at all related to the aeronautical engineers and pilots you know??

Of course you do!!

Dr. Bass, please call... Dr. Bass?? Now we'll have to coach another one of your lucky customers through installing and programming a panel while you're out sipping tropical bug juice on the Lanai... or bassking on the beach in Bahia...

Nope. Even you can. I'd advise you to keep the "Sentrol Application Guide" handy for the times you do answer the phone... and make sure you tell the client all about how *you* came up with all these brilliant solutions from your "vast storehouse of knowledge and experience"...

Along with access to the internet (and alt.security.alarms) for when you're not available...

Which Nicet level have you reached?? "27"?? No... "31"... I know... "28"... :-))

Reply to
Frank Olson

Apparently he's actually seen some systems RLB's installed... and they weren't pretty!!

Reply to
Frank Olson

Robert L. Bass Jun 27, 11:08 am show options

Newsgroups: alt.security.alarms From: "Robert L. Bass" - Find messages by this author Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2005 11:08:12 -0400 Local: Mon,Jun 27 2005 11:08 am Subject: Re: Selective Entry Delays Per Zone? Reply | Reply to Author | Forward | Print | Individual Message | Show original | Report Abuse

First of all, don't EVER accuse m,e of installing. I just rested panels on counters. Secondly, I NEVER obtained a license without deceiving the government, no insurance, and didn't have an EIN#. I operated out of the back of an El Camino, and my central station was in my garage. The installers I hired were hackers from Safehome, and I claimed a bad back so I could dodge the draft, yet still have numerous stories to tell about crawl spaces, attics, and other places where entry requires positioning ones body in a manner that would put most soldiers to shame. and Finally, I preferred to lump every window in a house on the same zone.

Oh wait........ Dammit......... I thought we were playing a game where I pretended to be you. Shit! I would have won too because you just got pegged.

under various aliases.<

Thelma Sue Mickey Mouse Wally Larmin Larry Roberts John Hartford

Oooooooops I did it again. Keep forgetting we're not talking about you.

Reply to
no wires showing

Just a suggestion .........

In the future you'd better make sure you name who you're trying to slur. Anyone knowing what your reputation is in Usenet, would find it hard to tell if you are descrbing you or someone else.

Let's see now......

How many BBB complaints do you have? = Crooked dealer? How many years did you operate in CT without a license? How many different names have you used to detract from competitors and try to make it seem as if other people supported your deviant behavour in Usenet? What race are you again? Come on .... we all want to hear THAT one again. If you don't hate me because I call you exactly what you are....does that mean that you really LIKE me? You don't use foul language because your mommy wouldn't let you? How would you rate the things you say about people in the installattion trade? I think the word abusive is mild. Now .......... let's talk about LIES. Did you lie about your licensing in CT? Did you lie about how long you've been in the alarm industry? Do you lie when you tell end users who come here, that you're in the installation business. Do you lie when you show information on your web site and claim it as your own? Do you lie when you say that you are not the cause of the turmoil in this group?

So ......... you see ......... with all of that and much, much, MUCH more already against you, it's hard to tell exactly who you're talking about.

Reply to
Jim

It varies considerably from state to state. Most states allow anyone to install anything in their own property as long as the installation is code compliant. Some places don't even enforce code. Others are so strict that DIY commercial fire alarm installation is all but impossible. In some places the rules allow DIY if the project is less than $xx or the size of the structure is less than yy square feet. Others consider the occupancy. For example, a place of assembly (church, theater, etc.) may require a licensed tech whereas an apartment building or store may not. For DIY commercial fire alarm sales I recommend the client speak with code officials before ordering.

Sounds similar to the UL Residential standard which few know exists and fewer still follow.

Reply to
Robert L. Bass

He's a crooked dealer / installer who operated in CT without a license for a while until a personal tragedy interrupted his business. He posts here under various aliases. His posts are usually marked by racism, hatred, foul language, abuse, lies, or a combination thereof.

Reply to
Robert L. Bass

no...I can't keep up with the personalities and changing nicks. i need a remedial score-card with large type and bottle of Jack.

| | | > In my comment about disingenuity I was referring to Fowler -- not you. | | | | | | As I recall Fowler DOES know perimeter zones and how to program them | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | |

Reply to
Crash Gordon®

You don't know who Tom Fowler is?

| | > In my comment about disingenuity I was referring to Fowler -- not you. | | | | As I recall Fowler DOES know perimeter zones and how to program them | | | | | | | | | |

Reply to
Mark Leuck

I believe the question was, who's fowler, not can you describe yourself in

50 words or less

Doug L

Reply to
Doug L

Where does the red wire go?

Reply to
briansgooglegroupemail

You paddle it down the Route Canal.

Reply to
Robert L. Bass

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.