Selective Entry Delays Per Zone?

I have an Ademco 20PS and was wondering if there was a way to set it up such that only some zones have entry delays in Away mode. Ideally, I'd like only the garage and front doors to have entry delays, while all windows and backyard sliders would have 0 delay.

Thanks in advance.

Reply to
briansgooglegroupemail
Loading thread data ...

That is the normal way.

Entry/Exit type zone will have entry delay in Away & Stay (but not Stay Instant or Max)

Perimeter type zone will be Instant alarm unless someone opens Entry/Exit zone first.

Stay Instant will give you perimeter with no delay on anything.

IOW...put your garage & front doors on Entry/Exit type zone...put your doors/windows on Perimeter type zone. Put your motions on Interior Follower type zone.

Reply to
Crash Gordon®

iow...it's done in programming the zone Type. shoulda put that in my first post.

Entry/Exit type zone will have entry delay in Away & Stay (but not Stay Instant or Max)

Perimeter type zone will be Instant alarm unless someone opens Entry/Exit zone first.

Stay Instant will give you perimeter with no delay on anything.

IOW...put your garage & front doors on Entry/Exit type zone...put your doors/windows on Perimeter type zone. Put your motions on Interior Follower type zone.

Reply to
Crash Gordon®

Ah, thanks... I wasn't sure what purpose "Perimeter" served.

Reply to
briansgooglegroupemail

I put glassbreaks on Perimeter type zone. The manual assumes that you speak Alarmglish :-)

Reply to
Crash Gordon®

Yet you find your alarm installation experience to be a better choice than the professional alarm installers? Hey Ma LOOK I just pulled one of my teeth out! I'm a dentist now! I'm a dentist now! Route Canal anyone?

Reply to
no wires showing

Root Canal

:-)

Reply to
Crash Gordon®

So it went over your head huh? :-)

Reply to
no wires showing

I did my own system because you can't hire any honest job done here. I'm not saying it's like this everywhere, but there are times when DIY can be the best option.

Bob

Reply to
Roberto

Not really, just thought you culdnt spel :-)))

Reply to
Crash Gordon®

Robert...follow the thread though...he didn't even know what Perimeter meant.

Sure, some diy'ers can figure things out and do a good job...can you imagine what other programming mistakes could be made that would render a diy alarm rather worthless? I can.

| Bass Home Electronics | 2291 Pine View Circle | Sarasota · Florida · 34231 | 877-722-8900 Sales & Tech Support |

formatting link
| =============================> | |

Reply to
Crash Gordon®

Quite true, but you're arguing with a guy who makes his living selling installed systems. There's no way he'll ever admit you're right.

Reply to
Robert L. Bass

In my comment about disingenuity I was referring to Fowler -- not you.

It is the responsibility of the DIY store to educate the client. Some of us do. Others don't. I have a large number of DIY clients successfully using complex panels like the ELK-M1 Gold and the Napco P9600 system. I also have a few DIYers installing their own commercial fire alarms. One customer just bought an addressable system with over 250 points for a hospital. It's not that hard to learn this stuff. You need a modicum of intelligence and a bit of patience. For commercial fire you also need a licensed electrician in most places.

Reply to
Robert L. Bass

I know.

| | > Sure, some diy'ers can figure things out and | > do a good job...can you imagine what other | > programming mistakes could be made that | > would render a diy alarm rather worthless? | > I can. | | It is the responsibility of the DIY store to educate the client. Some of us | do. Others don't. I have a large number of DIY clients successfully using | complex panels like the ELK-M1 Gold and the Napco P9600 system. I also have | a few DIYers installing their own commercial fire alarms. One customer just | bought an addressable system with over 250 points for a hospital. It's not | that hard to learn this stuff. You need a modicum of intelligence and a bit | of patience. For commercial fire you also need a licensed electrician in | most places.

Commercial fire here requires separate licenses (not necessarily electric, but they are not automatically allowed to do commercial fire just because they have electric license) also plans must be submitted by Nicet 4 (I think it's 4 now).

There's also a residential fire license but no one has one of those, or even know that it exists.

| | -- | | Regards, | Robert L Bass | | =============================>

| Bass Home Electronics | 2291 Pine View Circle | Sarasota · Florida · 34231 | 877-722-8900 Sales & Tech Support |

formatting link
| =============================> | |

Reply to
Crash Gordon®

Shhhhhhhhhhhh I place panels under beds, or did you forget? :-)

Reply to
no wires showing

who's fowler...ohhhh i'm sooo confusted now

| > In my comment about disingenuity I was referring to Fowler -- not you. | | As I recall Fowler DOES know perimeter zones and how to program them | | | |

Reply to
Crash Gordon®

As I recall Fowler DOES know perimeter zones and how to program them

Reply to
Mark Leuck

I know.

| | > Sure, some diy'ers can figure things out and | > do a good job...can you imagine what other | > programming mistakes could be made that | > would render a diy alarm rather worthless? | > I can. | Commercial fire here requires separate licenses (not necessarily electric, but they are not automatically allowed to do commercial fire just because they have electric license) also plans must be submitted by Nicet 4 (I think it's 4 now).

There's also a residential fire license but no one has one of those, or even know that it exists.

Reply to
bean

I still think a zone expander is a contact stretcher

Reply to
no wires showing

....do'ent (new contraction) matter...don't know who he is anywah

| | > In my comment about disingenuity I was referring to Fowler -- not you. | | | | As I recall Fowler DOES know perimeter zones and how to program them | | | | | | | | | |

Reply to
Crash Gordon®

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.