Security System in NH

Hi, I'm looking to have a home security system installed in NH. Any suggestions on what company's equipment (ADT, Lifeshield. etc), or a local installer? Why do folks feel wired is better; just the fact that they don't need batteries, less visible? Any useful suggestions/info would be welcome.

Reply to
Brian Tilley
Loading thread data ...

stions on what company's equipment (ADT, Lifeshield. etc), or a local insta ller? Why do folks feel wired is better; just the fact that they don't need batteries, less visible? Any useful suggestions/info would be welcome.

Im not in NH but generally speaking I'd suggest that you stay away from the nationl companys like ADT. I don't know what Lifeshield is but if there is any mention of the word "Free" in their advertising, run, run as fast as y ou can.

Psssst! NOTHING is free.

Nowdays, functionally, there's no difference between a wired or wireless sy stem. The main advantage of a wired system is that no matter how the techno logy changes, the wires will always be there. You'll only ever have to chan ge components should a problem occur in the future. With wireless, if the t echnology changes, you could possibly have to replace the entire system. Th e main advantage to wireless is that there is virturally no disruption of c onstrction of the home. And yes, with a wireless system the transmitters ar e visible on your doors and windows and you do have the battery changing ta sk. With modern systems however, the time interval is anywhere from 3 to 7 years, depending upon use.

I'd suggest you look in the local yellow pages just to familiarize yourself with the names of some of the local companies and then talk to some people you know who already have alarm systems installed. In this trade most work comes from referrals. Security is more a personal decision and you want to know that you're talking to a company that someone you know has had a good experiernce with.

Reply to
Jim

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.