Securitron Unlatch

I purchased a bunch of them on sale a couple years ago from ADI.

A few of them worked, and when they worked they were awesome. Unfortunately I have had several of them fail too. Two out of the box the dogs that press in the bolts just fell out. Another jammed up in service after about a month, and today I tried to use one to find both dogs frozen in the unlatch position brand new oput of the box. Pretty sad.

(Now I know why they were on sale.)

I can not see me buying any more of them. The hour and a half I waited for a call back from their tech support people didn't help my attitude either.

Reply to
Bob La Londe
Loading thread data ...

That's an hour and a half I waited before I called them again, and finally left the job site since obviously I was going to get no call back.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

org...

I don't wait for callbacks.

If they say they will call me back, first I just keep calling back for about 5 minutes or so. Sometimes it's just a temporary backup of calls. But even so, they mostly never get back to you or will call you the next day or something. If that doesn't work, I call back on the main number and ask the operator to put me on hold on one of the techs lines. That I was talking to a tech an got cut off. That I've got to get back to the tech I was talking to so I don't have to go through the whole story again. etc etc etc. If she can't/wont, I call back and ask for administrative office, like accounting or accounts receiveables and make like I got put through to the wrong department and ask either for a technicians extention number or ask if they will put me on hold on that extension. Once you have an extension number you can call back continuously until you slip in between the calls. Short of that, I'll call and ask for marketing and complain like crazy about how long I've been waiting and how I got disconnected and how poorly it reflects on their product blah blah blah.

Or another thing I've done is find out how many numbers there are in their extention numbers and just keep calling back puching in numbers at random. You'd be surprised at who you can wind up talking to who will get you right through to someone.

I figure if they expect me to wait for them to never get back to me, at least I can spend some productive time and more than likely get through.

This is where that New York .... state of mind comes in handy.

Reply to
Jim

e.org...

I was very unimpressed with the first one of those I bought and never used them again

Reply to
nick markowitz

Bob,

I've sold lots of motorized "unlatch" modules and to date have not had one come back for warranty service. We've had excellent support from Securitron whenever we needed it. I don't know why you had such a negative experience. Perhaps it was a bad batch.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

"I purchased a bunch of them on sale a couple years ago from ADI."

I think I purchased 8 or 10 of them. I can think of four that have failed out of that batch. Might have been more because I had originally planned to use them on my office also, but after the first couple failures I decided to go another way on my office. I know I have had several on the shelf for about 2 years now.

I figured to stock up and use them as needed because they were a great price. I got a call back this morning that the second one I installed yesterday failed sometime last night. That would put them at 50% failure rate out of that batch.

As to the ones that the dogs fell out of... A Securitron tech admitted to me they knew about that problem the last time I called them. They claimed one of their vendors did something wrong in a limited number, but I am thinking this is a lemon product. NO NOT JUST ONE. While I have a reputation of complaining here on ASA, I almost never post a negative commentary after just one negative experience with a product or company, and I didn't this time either.

Reply to
MAMM (maybe a mechanical moro

Nawwww! Really? I haven't noticed. :-)

Reply to
G. Morgan

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.