Scantronic 9800 bF every 5 minutes

Typical time for something like this to happen, approximately every 5 minutes a get a bF error and the internal alarm is going off. I gather this is a battery fault in the control panel. Is there anything I can do about it now to stop the internal alarm going off, or to fix it entirely ( I assume an engineer code is required to replace the battery ?)

Thanks Colin

Reply to
novarallyman
Loading thread data ...

I am assuming that it is NOT a monitored alarm system

Putting the panel into engineers mode will stop the Battery alarm from sounding. (if you know what it is)

You shouldnt need an engineer code to change the battery, Customer mastercode should suffice.

Reply to
BIG NIGE

Thanks, no it is not monitored, but unfortunately I do not have the engineer code and the company that last serviced it are no longer around......

How do I change the battery ?

Thanks Col> > Typical time for something like this to happen, approximately every 5

Reply to
novarallyman

You will need to open the main box, probably in the airing cupboard or somewhere similar. You will trigger the tamper but you will be able to stop sounders with your code. Replace battery and reset system. I would advise a

7Ah battery, it may be bigger than the one you have at the moment but it will last longer in the case of power failure
Reply to
Paul Ekins

Everything as Paul Says

Just be careful that the battery is clear of the lid screwholes when re-fitting.

Reply to
BIG NIGE

Thanks both,

I took the control panel off the wall on Saturday night and found there was a volume control inside for internal alarm, I turned it down to nothing so that we could sleep at night. Strangely this has stopped the bF fault from coming on........

I will see if I can get a battery today.

Col> > You will need to open the main box, probably in the airing cupboard or

Reply to
novarallyman

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.