Sarasota

.... and just a few blocks from Robert's house....

This is a true account as recorded in the Police Log of Sarasota, Florida...

An elderly Florida lady did her shopping and, upon returning to her car, found four males in the act of leaving with her vehicle. She dropped her shopping bags and drew her handgun, proceeding to scream at the top of her voice, "I have a gun, and I know how to use it! Get out of the car!"

The four men didn't wait for a second invitation. They got out and ran like mad. The lady, somewhat shaken, then proceeded to load her shopping bags into the back of the car and got into the driver's seat. She was so shaken that she could not get her key into the ignition.

She tried and tried, and then it dawned on her why... For the same reason she did not understand why there was a football, a Frisbee and two 12 packs of beer in the front seat! A few minutes later, she found her own car parked four or five spaces farther down. She loaded her bags into the car and drove to the police station to report her mistake.

The sergeant to whom she told the story couldn't stop laughing. He pointed to the other end of the counter, where four pale men were reporting a car jacking by a mad, elderly woman described as white, less than five feet tall, glasses, curly white hair, and carrying a large handgun. No charges were filed. If you're going to have a Senior Moment, make it a memorable one!

Reply to
Allan Waghalter
Loading thread data ...

It's a very funny story, Allan. Unfortunately, it is also a Modern Urban Legend. The story originally was about an old woman in Texas. It's such a famous legend that it is included in the curriculum of at least one university class on the subject. See the following link for more info:

formatting link
BTW, thanks for the email message.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

snopes.com has several variations of this one too, including one sent as a letter to Dear Abby:

formatting link

Reply to
Matt Ion

When I searched for the story I forgot the Snopes website. Very useful.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

I never posted it as truth.... It was a great joke! Made me laugh!

Reply to
Allan Waghalter

You should probably edit out the "The is a true account..." part next time then...

Reply to
Matt Ion

Yup. I got a kick out of it, too.

Here's one that actually did happen. Some idiot thief broke into a home in West Hartford, CT. He came through a kitchen door. Unfortunately for him, the homeowner had decided to take his lunch break at home that day and there was a confrontation. I say "unfortunately" because the homeowner was our town's assistant chief of police. First he got his butt kicked and then he went to jail. :^)

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.