Safewatch Pro 2000

My contract with ADT expired and I need your help to setup my system so when alarm is armed or disarmed I get notified, paged on my cell phone. Of course I want to be notified when someone is breaking in to. Thanks

Reply to
Donna
Loading thread data ...

How much are you paying me, Donna?

Reply to
G. Morgan

I notice you've received no assistance from the "professional" alarm installers here.

You might not be able to change anything without assistance from ADT. The "authorized dealer" may have locked you out of programming. If so, the easiest way to regain control of the system may be to replace the control panel. It's usually not difficult to replace them and most panels are fairly inexpensive, probably less than the cost of a service visit from the installing dealer.

Regards, Robert L. Bass

=====================>

Bass Home Electronics The Online DIY Store

formatting link
=====================>

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Your panel may be capable of calling your cell phone, but it will not display, or give you a verbal message as to what is going on with your alarm system. All you will see your home number on the caller ID, and that's about it. If that is all you require, then give me a call. I will help you reprogram your system to do just that.

Jim Rojas (813) 884-6335

Reply to
Jim Rojas

Thats because a professional alarm installer won't walk someone they don't know anything about into programming, regardless of what Donna says she may not be out of contract with ADT.

Reply to
Mark Leuck

First of all, how would you know what a professional alarm installer would do?

Second, I couldn't care less if she's under contract with ADT (and neither could you, though you like to pretend otherwise).

Reply to
Robert L Bass

You have no idea how I installed systems

Thats obvious, contracts seem to mean nothing to you unless they belong to you

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Perhaps because he deals with them on a daily basis??

Of course _you_ wouldn't care.

Reply to
FIRETEK

Nor have you any idea how I have.

*Your* contracts with *your* infuriated ex-clients mean nothing to me. It's not my problem to help you. When your vict... er, customers call because they want to DIY rather than deal with your employer's poor service any more, my only concern is to give them what they need so they can get away from you.

Note: The "you" above refers to your company's victims as well as those of a few other idiots. It doesn't include Olson since he doesn't install or service anything.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Oh, I figure you installed a few. How many did you install without a permit or the proper licensing again?

Heh! Sure, Bass. I'll bet the old phone is just ringing off the wall with Mark's customers wanting help to "get away" from him. I'll bet there's an even greater number calling Mark to find out how to "get away" from you.

Since you seem to know so much about Frank, why not post the name of the company he works for? "Go ahead, Bass. Make our day."

Reply to
FIRETEK

Better yet how many did he install between 1979 and 1983-84 when he was on probation, I wonder if he informed his customers about that at the time

Actually if someone who calls ever brings up this newsgroup they always wonder who Psycho Mike is, they rarely mention RLB which is why I've always thought the shit Mike does ends up being counterproductive

Reply to
Mark Leuck

I've actually been wondering about two things:

1. If (as Bass has stated) a large number of the DIY crowd "lurk" here (as I did for many months before actually posting), how many actually wind up shopping at his store?

1. I do agree in that what Mike (Group-Moderator) does is often "counter-productive" (as you put it), but why does he engage in the same sales tactics here (contrary to the FAQ) as Bass does? I see Jim Rojas posts here often, and I have yet to see him post anything that contravenes the FAQ.

Reply to
FIRETEK

More than many here think but less than RLB will brag about :)

Mike doesn't cut down the industry he was part of and Mike won't throw his mother under the bus just to get a sale.

Mike's an idiot but he's no Bass

I fear Rojas, everyone here fears Rojas....I've seen grown men pull their own heads off to avoid Rojas...he's...he's......

I have to go now

Reply to
Mark Leuck

He be a "fine feller there" as they say up country way hereabouts....(he is, and I also gotta be sure to say it if I want that boat ride come this spring...:))

RHC

Mark Leuck wrote:

Reply to
tourman

Oh sure, thats easy for you to say when you are all the way on the other side of the country, I'm like half way......it's scary!

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Well, you're almost right.

Jim is a former New Yorker.

There ... people call the them "Goodfellas" :-)

If you're going for a boat ride, I'd suggest you make sure there isn't a gun in the boat and that you sit facing him. Just be careful. He may try to make the excuse that he's got to bring a gun along because of the alligators ..... but don't believe him. Rumor has it ...... Jim always returns from those Everglade boat rides .......ALONE!

Reply to
Jim

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.