Running circuits together

Is there a code issue with running initiating circuits and notification circuits in the same raceway?

Another tech made this assertion, but I think he is confusing it with the out and return of a class A circuit.

Reply to
JoeRaisin
Loading thread data ...

The system should be installed according to the manufacturers instructions, for example, Silent Knight installation manuals state that the circuits must be run in different conduits or if they must be run in the same conduit it should be for as short a distance as possible or you must use shielded cable.

Doug

Reply to
doug

Conventional panels not as much a problem but addressable you want to keep them separate to avoid bleed over where horns can some times be heard with a buzz in them when system is in normal mode.from the noise the addressable loop can inject. had a sub job one time I warned them to use twisted wire on the addressable loop they didn't and it came over the restaurants fancy sound system needless to say they had to strip all the wiring out and replace with the right stuff. $$$ Some people never learn see it in high end houses all the time when they try to use advanced panels with out the twisted wire.

Reply to
nick markowitz

Thanks for the info guys. We are installing an MS-9600 and about 150 horn strobes. There wasn't much area where the runs could be combined but I'll be sure to keep them apart.

Reply to
JoeRaisin

I believe you'll find the MS-9600 requires shielded twisted pair wire for the SLC loop.

It's perfectly acceptable to run NAC and SLC in the same conduit (but not the same cable assembly). In Canada our Installation Standard states it's okay as long as one doesn't interfere with the other. The over-riding factor is the manufacturer's installation instructions. These must be followed to the letter.

Reply to
Frank Kurz

The MS9600 UDLS does not require a shielded pair as long as you are using LiteSpeed protocol. If you are using CLIP then you will use a shielded twisted pair.

-MS9600 Manual pg. 168

Reply to
BVanOsdol

You are responding to a message posted over 11 years ago, I consider this a new world record.

Reply to
mleuck

Not even close. You should read the motorcycle and machining groups.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.