Roller Wheel

I have bought a couple roller wheels for measuring large installations. I have yet to have one hold up to bouncing around in the truck until I need it. Any suggestions?

Reply to
Bob La Londe
Loading thread data ...

I have one i bought at home depot and keep it in a cheap case and it has held up fine

Reply to
Nick Markowitz

I have used this one, can't imagine what you'd have to do to break one. Are you using it as a hammer?? LOL

formatting link

Reply to
alarman

Slow down and stick to the blacktop

Doug

Reply to
Doug

What?! Do you charge by the liner foot?

Reply to
Jim

I've done system in buildins a quarter mile long. Wire prices can be a significant factor on those. Especially with today's price of wire.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

Hi, If you do need to replace or add one, check out ebay - just search under measuring wheel. I've gotten a couple at a fraction of what I used to pay and they've lasted for years so far.

J
Reply to
JW

Wire's still relatively cheap. The labor to run 10,000 feet of cable is expensive. A decent quality wheel from a A&E supply store should hold up. When I was a local manager, I had 5 or 6 people sharing 2 wheels that lasted for at least the 5 years I was there.

Reply to
J.

Oh. I do mostly residential in the last 10 or so years. But anyway, wouldn't it be easier just to say ............... Hey ..... how long and wide is your building? Or ask for a set of plans? Most companies ( around here, at least,) keep copies available. But .... I guess I can see where it would come in handy, if you were doing enough of them.

Reply to
Jim

I get plans when possible. Sometimes its not easy to do. I also do a some underground work. I've done phone cable runs upto about 6 miles, and video runs upto about 3/4 mile.

That six mile run we did in one day including pedestals trenching and back filling. We had to wait a week for the phone company to tie in from ten feet away. LOL.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

replace it with a schwinn uni-cycle and change the measuring mechanism over.

Reply to
Ratchet442

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.