residential alarm co. states no way outdoor visual and audiable status ademco 20

Large alarm company tells me they do not know how to install or know of a way to install and external: arming status tone/cherp from siren when setting or visual light for same purpose. Ademco 20 with expansion module. I believe they are incorrect. My previous system (GE) had this feature. Reading material for Honeywell appears to offer. When system installed technicians (three visits) disconnected and discarded my code encrypter 11. Should they be able to program 17,18,19 as key switch for external light? Siren chirp???

Reply to
pyzon
Loading thread data ...

yes you have techs who do not know what there doing

Reply to
NickMark

Don't remember the programming field - but you are looking for the "Confirmation of Arming Ding".

That will chirp the siren for a second or so when the exit delay expires.

Reply to
JoeRaisin

Isn't there a terminal output someplace that you could attach a relay that would turn on an LED outside?

Reply to
Jim

You could program the on board relay - be easier just to wire in an led along with the siren.

If you want ONLY an led for confirmation of arming and not the siren (but still want a siren on the system) - I don't know how you could do that. Maybe run the siren off a relay...

Reply to
JoeRaisin

long with the siren. If you want ONLY an led for confirmation of arming and not the siren (but still want a siren on the system) - I don't know how yo u could do that. Maybe run the siren off a relay...

I don't know much about Honeywell panels but I would think just about every panel made today has some type of logic terminal output or relay that acti vates when the system is armed. Just attach a sensitive relay to that and p ower an LED to go on and off when it's armed/disarmed.

Reply to
Jim

I thought he just wanted a flash to show it armed at the end of the exit delay.

That's why I was thinking about the confirmation of arming ding.

Reply to
JoeRaisin

Looks like we'll just have to guess what he wanted. He hasn't come back to find out what the replies to his inquiry are.

Reply to
Jim

there is a pin out harness on 20 p to allow led output for arm disarm etc like I said his installers need educated

Reply to
NickMark

Yes, there is a connector (does not come with panel) to program for high or low based on programming rules.

I would use that for the LED's to show arming status and leave the siren output alone.

Reply to
G. Morgan

+1
Reply to
G. Morgan

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.