Request for info on old Pyronix Paragon Plus alarm control panel

Hi Folks

I needed to replace a couple of mains sockets yesterday and switched off the power so I could work safely. The power was off for about 30 mins.

When I went to bed last night I set the alarm but it triggered as I went past the PIR on the staircase (which should be omitted when the alarm is part set). My access code wasn't recognised and there followed a bit of a panic as I dug out the user manual to try and work out what was wrong.

I tried the default master code and this stopped the alarm - all this suggests to me that the battery in the alarm is no good and the alarm system has lost its programming when I had the power off.

I've tried to find the installation/engineer manual to the Pargaon Plus panel on the web, but have learned that these documents tend not to be made public. However, from searching old usenet posts I've found what the default engineer code is. I think the only thing I need to do now is program the panel to omit the upstairs PIR when part set.

Can anyone help me with some instructions on how to do this??

I called Pyronix, who made the panel, to see if they would let me have the info. But they are closed for the weekend. If there is someone here who could help with needed info then it would be much appreciated.

TIA

Reply to
HappyLad
Loading thread data ...

presumably you are using one of the the "quiet set" program options for your night set.

When you are in engineers mode you press 1 (followed by the third digit 0, 1, 2, or 3 of your quiet mode set that you wish to program) (followed by the zone number of the zone you wish to program) At this point the window will show how that zone is programmed (E = entry/exit, I = Immediate A = Access O = Omitted) you then scroll through the options with the single arrow buttons until you reach the desired option. Then you press the Double Arrow button to save that option.

Also get yourself a new battery Dont forget to change the limited user code away from 5678

Incidentally the panel should NOT have forgotten your codes or programming when powered down as it carries a NVM chip.

Reply to
BIG NIGE

Thanks for the reply Big Nige. I called Pyronix yesterday morning and they kindly emailed me a copy of the installer manual. I sorted out the zone omit last night and it now seems fine. Just waiting for a new battery to arrive and then hopefully its all fixed. I can't explain how the panel lost its memory if it has NVM. I had the mains off for about 30 mins during the day and the problem then came to light in the evening?

regards

Reply to
HappyLad

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.