Replace 6160RF with 5883H error code 100

I am replacing the 6160RF transceiver functionality with a 5883H. I disabled the 6160RF receiver and transmitter, and added the 5883H. An error code "CHECK 100 RF RECEIVER" is generated. I tried setting the 5883H dip switches to a different set of transmit and recieve addresses and cycled power, but that did not resolve the problem. Suggestions?

Best, Christopher

Reply to
Christopher Glaeser
Loading thread data ...

which panel is this on some of the higher up ones have a trouble address that supervises them. also make sure dip switches are set correctly in the right position i have set the dip switches right to realize I was looking at it upside down.

Reply to
nick markowitz

My bad, should have included Vista 20P.

Yeah, I've done that myslef. The dip switches have printed numbers, so I think I have that correct.

I think part of the trick is related to *190-*196. However, I don't see any Device Address 17, 18, ... in the 5883H manual. I set *190 to 11 and set the 5883H to the very first pair of transmit/receive device address pairs, assuming that related to Device Address 17, but that did not work.

Best, Christopher

Reply to
Christopher Glaeser

Judging by the trouble you have a Vista-10P, 15P or 20P, the receiver must be addressed to 00

Reply to
mleuck

You're right, it's a 20P.

When adding a 5883H to a 20P/6160RF, I interpreted the manual to mean I should disable the receive in the 6160RF. Based on your comment above, I changed 6160RF field 3 to be enabled, and changed field 4 to 00. The CHECK

100 code is still generated.

Best, Christopher

Reply to
Christopher Glaeser

Disable the RF in the 6160RF Make sure 5883 is set at device 00 Check and see if the tamper on the 5883 is enabled. Make sure you select HIGH receiver in programming. I am not sure what receiver size the 6160RF has. Always power cycle the panel after making significant changes like this.

Jim Rojas Technical Manuals Online!

formatting link
Cornwall Lane Tampa, FL 33615-4604

813-884-6335
Reply to
Jim Rojas

High.

Reply to
G. Morgan

I'm not high yet...I am working on it though. :)

Jim Rojas Technical Manuals Online!

formatting link
Cornwall Lane Tampa, FL 33615-4604

813-884-6335
Reply to
Jim Rojas

Well, send me some. I couldn't find it now if I tried.

Reply to
G. Morgan

Thanks. I had to read the manual a number of times until I saw the tiny footnote for the 20P. The way the table is shown, it was not clear that OFF/OFF/OFF was a valid entry for DIP switches 2,3,4. I still need to do some testing to make sure it is fully funtional, but it's working much better now.

Best, Christopher

Reply to
Christopher Glaeser

I find that my work day is a lot nicer when panels are funtional.

Reply to
Jim

Field 3 is the receiver address, you need instead to field 2 to 0 making it a local receiver and the address won't matter

Make the 5883;'s address 00

Reply to
mleuck

Thanks for the follow up.

On a side note, it's interesting that the personality of the 5828V keypads change with each transceiver model I've used, including the LYNX, 6160RF, and 5883H. I'm not refering to the vocabulary, which also changes, but other features. For example, when setting multiple bypass zones when communicating via the 6160RF, the 5828V will enunciate the entire list of bypassed zones. When communicating with the 5883H, it only enunciates the first bypassed zone, and, it enunciates the zone number rather than the vocabulary. Differences in transceiver firmware, apparently.

Best, Christopher

Reply to
Christopher Glaeser

No it's because those keypads are junk

Reply to
mleuck

Yes, you're right. Unfortunately, the selection for wireless voice is limited.

Best, Christopher

Reply to
Christopher Glaeser

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.