Removing a phone line on Napco ERROR

I am trying to take a phone line off my Napco panel but when I disconnect it the keypad shows communication error and beeps from time to time. Can someone tell me how to remove the phone line so that this error messages stops appearing. I do not have central station.

Thank you.

Reply to
Ziggy
Loading thread data ...

Your panel may have been programmed (for the previous owner) to report to a central monitoring station. Which model Napco system do you have?

Regards, Robert L Bass

Bass Home Electronics

formatting link

941-866-1100
Reply to
Robert L Bass

The panel number is P816.

Thanks

Robert L Bass wrote:

Reply to
Ziggy

Why do you want to remove it? If it's not bothering you, leave the connection undisturbed and use the system as a "local". If it is being monitored, then the CS will be contacting you. If you explain that you're not interested in monitoring service, they'll arrange to have the communicator disabled.

Reply to
FIRETEK

Be careful. Some alarm companies have been known to disable the entire alarm when told the homeowner wants to discontinue the monitoring service. This isn't too common but it does happen. One strong indication that the alarm company is less than honorable is if they don't offer to give you the programming access code without a fee.

Regards, Robert L Bass

======================>

Bass Home Electronics The Online DIY Store

formatting link

941-866-1100 ======================>
Reply to
Robert L Bass

I'm always careful.

I seriously doubt that.

A lot of things happen (sunspots, coffee spills, snow storms, assaults with simulated guns).

So charging for a service call to disconnect the monitoring, defaulting the panel's communications parameters, and probably instructing the new homeowner into how to program his own user codes, etc. is, in your opinion, "less than honourable". Right.

Reply to
FIRETEK

Actually, I was addressing that to your potential victim.

You're probably one of the ones who do it.

.=2E. rip-off "professional" alarm installers, automatically renewing, multi-year monitoring contracts that cost 3-5 times what they should, etc. The list goes on and on.

All of that takes a clerk like Leuck less than 10 minutes by modem.

Heh, heh, heh. The vast majority never do any of that on disconnect. They just disable reporting by modem and then refuse to do anything, even for pay, unless the victim signs a 3-5 year, over-priced monitoring contract.

You spell remarkably like a certain dishonest, expatriate who abandoned the USA we all know. Snap-rolled any 737's this week?

Wrong.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

he's still gotta eat.

Reply to
Don

All of that takes a clerk like Leuck less than 10 minutes by modem.

Ahh now I'm a clerk, you are clueless

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Cute. My BBB report doesn't look anything like yours. I understand yours was so full up of victims they had to spool a few off to make room.

Nope. Guess again. I don't install or monitor residential security systems.

I'd say it's about as long as your BBB report.

Hmmm. Is Leuck a "clerk"? Is Frank? Do you really know, or are you just instigating again?

The "vast majority" do no such thing on a disconnect or otherwise. For every alarm company you care to mention that forces a customer to sign a 3-5 year "over-priced monitoring contract" just ot get service on a local alarm, I'm sure I can name five that don't.

You're an idiot, Bass. First off, you're calling someone you don't even know "dishonest", and following that up with some nonsense about his being "expatriate". Secondly, I'm posting from Vancouver, B. C. That's in Canada. We have this thing about spelling words like "honourable" correctly up here. Third, I've never snap-rolled a 737. I know of someone who was _in_ one that inverted briefly though (I've even seen the movie).

Reply to
FIRETEK

That was a 707.

Reply to
G. Morgan

Mark doesn't eat that much any more. js

Reply to
alarman

He's gotta have money to eat, Free service will always = a hungry stomach :-))

Reply to
Russell Brill

I've seen the pictures of that. The movie I'm referring to is the one Frank showed me one night. That involved a 737. I do remember commenting that it wasn't the best "action flick" I'd ever seen. For one thing, there wasn't any scantly clad young lady in the picture and the hero was partly bald. :)

Reply to
FIRETEK

And lately I don't eat any less, I gained 5 pounds in the last couple of months :)

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Thought It was a SABB 340....(nice stuff for the money)

Reply to
Karl Magnus

And so it begins. Welcome to middle age. js

Reply to
alarman

And beyond.......................

Reply to
Jim

Ahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!! Now *that's* FUNNY!!

Reply to
Frank Olson

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.