Remote Telecom Shelter Electronic Access Controls Discussion

I'm looking for a telecom shelter electronic access system for about 1000 sites. Most popular in the industry seem to be the GE Security TRACess / SUPRA system. Comments on this system or any other solution are most welcome.

With IP connectivity being more and more universal, I'm wondering if a real time access control system for remote telecom shelters has become affordable as well as mature for this application. There seem to be plenty of access systems designed for large buildings with hundreds of doors, but not many for the telecom "one door per building x 1000" approach.

You can see that I'm struggling with choosing the popular TRACess, non-real time (for audit purposes) technology over something newer with real time responsiveness. The advantage of a real time system is that terminated employees and contractors immediately loose their access. Secondly, if someone doesn't have a keypad with them for whatever legitamite reason, the door can be opened remotely. Also for discussion in this vein is card vs. keypad or other means of authenticating the user.

Comments with reference to a vendor are very much appreciated.

Thank you in advance,

RF Dude

Reply to
RF Dude
Loading thread data ...

You might be interested in perusing the information on this page. A "SCADA" type system may be an alternative to consider. Although the units we're currently servicing don't provide access control, they can be adapted.

formatting link

Reply to
Frank Olson

check this out:

formatting link

Reply to
J. Sloud

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.