Remote Starter Range?

Hi guys im about to get a remote starter from circuit city and they have two units that im having a really hard time deciding between. which is the DEI valet 561R and the Python 1400XP. Ok there doesn't seem to be much of a big difference in features with these two units (i might like the status light which i think tells you that you car is actually started) but i don't think its really worth the $40 difference. My main concern is reach. unforunatly DEI does not spec range with their remote starters. I know that they are never 100% accurate but this would maybe allow you to tell if there is a difference in reach between. the different units. Ok so my question is do you know/think there would be any range difference between these two units? I could tell the people are circuit city had no idea and were just telling me that "Well the more expensive unit should reach farther". I just want to be able to start my car when im at work. I know i will never have a problem at home. I'm not even going to be using the remote lock/unlock system of the units because its much easier to get a ford factor remote entry if something happens to it. I know i will have to carry two remotes but this isn't a big deal for me.

Anyways other than that can you think of any good reasons why i should go with the python over the valet? They are made by the same company and i would think range would be very similar but i wanted to make sure.

thanks, Brent

Reply to
Brent
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.