Remote bell

I have a customer who wants a bell similar to the keypad ring in another part of the store. I have done a keypad follower tied to a relay and doorbell before and buzzers, but i am looking for another option. there is also a speaker that is still on the wall that could be used if i could find a driver that had a bell sound or similar.

any ideas?

Reply to
motley me
Loading thread data ...

Idea 101:

Get a Visonic SP-4 then record a door bell sound of your choosing into the chip.

Connect to a power supply, switch and the speaker.

Done!!

Good Luck

Les

Reply to
ABLE1

"ABLE1" wrote in news:47uzn.354231$vr1.256458 @en-nntp-07.dc1.easynews.com:

I think that will work nicely.

Reply to
motley me

Absolutely Right!!!

Good Luck!!

Les

Reply to
ABLE1

Depends on the panel. Napco Gemini panels with expanded bus communications have a programmable relay board available. The relays can be programmed to follow a zone if needed. Use that to trigger a chime, or anything you want.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

"Bob La Londe" wrote in news:_NFAn.157528$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe12.iad:

I have done that before. I was only trying to use the speaker that was alrady in place.

I ended up using a cheap LED keypad since there were 4 wires coming from the panel to the speaker location. Overkill, but i had it and it was cheaper than i could get the Visionic board that Abel1 mentioned. Though i will keep it in mind for the future.

Reply to
motley me

Too bad, you could have a lot of fun with the Visonic SP-4.

I had one in for a while that announced the following very loudly.

"HEY!!! WHAT ARE YOU DO HERE!!! UP AGAINST THE WALL PUNK, YOU'RE BUSTED!!!"

The customers wife decided that it should be toned down a bit, and she was not referring to the volume.

Glad you got it resolved.

Later,

Les

Reply to
ABLE1

Nice simple solution. The only other thing I could think of was an Elk low current trigger relay and an ATW chime. Costs about the same as that keypad, and not as simple to install.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

"ABLE1" wrote in news:jXNAn.282980$ snipped-for-privacy@en-nntp-03.dc.easynews.com:

Fun!

I may use one eventually.

Reply to
motley me

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.