Relocating a Radionics D1252 keypad (8112 panel)

I have an old 8112 panel with a D1252 keypad attached to the front of the enclosure that the 8112 is located in. I would like to move the keypad about 20' away from the 8112. Are there any issues with moving the keypad? Any special requirements for the wire? Will replacing my original keypad with a new one require any programming changes?

Thanks.

Reply to
Tom
Loading thread data ...

This is not a problem. But since it is an older 8112, I don't suggest you power down the panel at all. This system uses SRAM to store the programming data. If the lithium cell is dead, your panel will display CALL FOR SERVICE...which means you are screwed.

1. Remove the keypad wiring at the panel on at a time.
  2. Relocate and reuse the keypad wiring harness.
  3. Hook the keypad back to the panel. Connect common (black), data wires (green & yellow), and then power (red) in that order.
  4. If the keypad fails to display anything, first check your connections. If everything looks ok, place a 1 second short across keypad COM terminal and the communicator disable terminal. If I remember correctly, the communicator disable terminal is marked on the front. It should be the top right screw terminal.

Jim Rojas

Tom wrote:

Reply to
Jim Rojas

I take that back...put a jumper across COM & the disable/restart terminals. This will put the panel to sleep. Then move the keypad. Once you are done, remove the jumper and all should be ok. Keep in mind that the panel may send a signal to the monitoring company.

Jim Rojas

Jim Rojas wrote:

Reply to
Jim Rojas

if it does send anything it'll just send a processor restart - restore F usually...and I doubt anyone would do anything about that kind of sig.

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.