RELIABLE LATE-TO-OPEN AUTOMATED DEVICE FOR TEXT/ EMAIL NOTIFICATIONS TO CUSTOMER

Hi,

Just thought that this forum with its experience and brain-power, would hav e ample ideas and knowledge on available devices to notify customers for LT Open, LTClose, and unscheduled openings.

I am aware of central stations that have this service. It is just that cent ral stations do not place as high a priority on those signals when actual a larms come in. I am looking for this to be a secure, timely, and reliable b ackup to a central station for a particular customer on a Honeywell V20P. I would like it to also work on brands such as DSC and Networx, if possible.

After some recent searching, I found that Alarm.com does have that feature available on their devices. We presently do not use them and are reluctant to start with another service provider. Ipdatatel/Alula is presently our pr ovider and does not have that feature yet available. Since the Tip&Ring is already in use, that does not leave much avenues open for other communicati ons. It may be that Alarm.com is the only option, but I am hoping that I am wrong.

I will be testing the Pager options available on the V20P, but it is made f or pagers and not texting or email. I believe that the communication format may not be compatible. I do not hold great confidence in it.

Now, the customer, on top of the live central station LTO/LTC/U-OPEN, alrea dy receives automated text & emails whenever the system opens, closes, alar ms, and all troubles, but nothing for LTO, LTC, and unscheduled openings. T his is the part that I want to make redundant/failure proof with an automat ed system.

I guess I believe in Trust & Verify, and NASA's triple redundancy; but I wi ll settle for double redundancy.

Your ideas and suggestions are much appreciated.

Hogan

Reply to
Hogan
Loading thread data ...

ave ample ideas and knowledge on available devices to notify customers for LTOpen, LTClose, and unscheduled openings.

ntral stations do not place as high a priority on those signals when actual alarms come in. I am looking for this to be a secure, timely, and reliable backup to a central station for a particular customer on a Honeywell V20P. I would like it to also work on brands such as DSC and Networx, if possibl e.

e available on their devices. We presently do not use them and are reluctan t to start with another service provider. Ipdatatel/Alula is presently our provider and does not have that feature yet available. Since the Tip&Ring i s already in use, that does not leave much avenues open for other communica tions. It may be that Alarm.com is the only option, but I am hoping that I am wrong.

for pagers and not texting or email. I believe that the communication form at may not be compatible. I do not hold great confidence in it.

eady receives automated text & emails whenever the system opens, closes, al arms, and all troubles, but nothing for LTO, LTC, and unscheduled openings. This is the part that I want to make redundant/failure proof with an autom ated system.

will settle for double redundancy.

I'd suggest that you look in to the Napco Starlink-Connect Cellular Radio.

I know that it is compatible with Honeywell but since I use Napco equipment I don't know if all of the features that I get with a Napco panel would be available using a Honeywell panel.

Calling Napco technical support would be the best first approach.

Reply to
Jim Davis

ave ample ideas and knowledge on available devices to notify customers for LTOpen, LTClose, and unscheduled openings.

ntral stations do not place as high a priority on those signals when actual alarms come in. I am looking for this to be a secure, timely, and reliable backup to a central station for a particular customer on a Honeywell V20P. I would like it to also work on brands such as DSC and Networx, if possibl e.

e available on their devices. We presently do not use them and are reluctan t to start with another service provider. Ipdatatel/Alula is presently our provider and does not have that feature yet available. Since the Tip&Ring i s already in use, that does not leave much avenues open for other communica tions. It may be that Alarm.com is the only option, but I am hoping that I am wrong.

for pagers and not texting or email. I believe that the communication form at may not be compatible. I do not hold great confidence in it.

eady receives automated text & emails whenever the system opens, closes, al arms, and all troubles, but nothing for LTO, LTC, and unscheduled openings. This is the part that I want to make redundant/failure proof with an autom ated system.

will settle for double redundancy.

Go Alarm.com and SEM cell module for the Vista, you will not be sorry

Reply to
mleuck

REALLY?

I don't use alarm dot com because when it first was introduced it didn't ge t good reviews. I just checked again at your recommendation and this is wha t I found.

Are you sure it's OK? Doesn't sound like it from the sound of these reviews .

These reviews are all from end users not installation companies.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Yolanda

May 4th, 2019

i usually don?t write reviews. This company is horrible. We got thi s alarm system for our newly built home in November 2017. The first few mon ths the alarm system worked great so we thought. We started to have problem s with our doorbell camera. It wasn?t working on our app on our pho nes. Called the monitoring company and had to keep resetting the camera.. F or the last 5 months kept having the same problem. My husband called the co mpany and found out the main panel had went out. The company sent out a new panel when it arrived via U.P.S. It was the wrong panel. Company sent out circuit boards this time not the panel. My husband had to replace the circu it boards himself. Come to find out Alarm .com do not have any technicians in the field to fix the alarm system if it goes out. He had to call the tec hnical support number and they will walk you through how to fix the problem . After spending 3 hours on the phone via video chat with them , he finally got the system working. I found the whole ordeal frustrating and on top of that our home wasn?t being monitored for all those months that the panel was down. So we were paying for months of monitoring that wasn? ?t working. The monitoring company refuse to refund or credit our account for those months.

User Score

Bill Brown (yes, I?m so disdainful I?m giving my real name)

May 1st, 2019 Waukegan, IL

I have many Alexa apps. This is designed by an idiot. So, I would expect th e idiot to improve after 2 years. Nope. The idiot is still the same old idi ot.

If this is what they do when they are making their daily impression,I just really don?t know whether to expect them to actually do anything.

These guys were put here by my home automation company. And because of alar m.vom, I don?t think good things about them either.

User Score

Mrs Montgomery

April 30th, 2019 Sherman, TX

Alarm.com is the worst company I ever dealt with. When they sale the system to you they don?t tell you everything. Example: The door bell came ra only lets you get 1000 clips a month and it stops recording and you have to pay for more clips. But when I first got it I got unlimited clips. Thei r camera is no good some times it would not have no sound or picture and th ey tried to blame it on my internet but my internet connection was fine. My system just goes off by itself and you keep calling for service and no one comes to fix it. They tell you a tech is coming and they never show up. Bu t they want your money but don?t give you no service.

User Score

Jonathan Held

April 29th, 2019 Seattle, WA

I?ve had alarm.com for about three years now. It?s junk. My system frequently encounters issues where the alarm.com web site and mobil e app simply stop responding to commands. For example, sending the command to turn on and off lights, unlock or lock doors simply fails today. On thei r web site and mobile app, they show the command being received. Unfortuant ely, that doesn?t tell you whether or not the command succeeded as I found out the hard way (the commands are silently failing). The interface definitely has significant room for improvement and debugging and fixing t he system should not require the service provider to come out. Remeber, thi s is an automated solution! Reliability is a huge disappointment as these i ssues occur REPEATEDLY every 4 to 6 months. I?m ditching this piece of junk for a better alternative that is reliable.

User Score

Kisha London

April 26th, 2019 Florence, SC

3 people found this review helpful!

Our family is currently protected by Alarm.com it?s been over a yea r; however, whenever you need technical support if something happens to you r system is a very Big Hassle! Our problem has not been solved. We were tol d a tech can come May 13th and we would have to pay the tech $50 an hour. T he saddest part about this is our problem is simple. We changed our Wi-fi p assword. So our equipment only needs to be updated to the new password. We ?re called numerous of times. After holding 25-30 mins a friendIy t ech answers ask for all your info, ask you the problem, place you on hold, and the call is dropped. We?ve never missed a payment or ever been late. I came on here not to recommend this company but they don?t h ave this option. I?m sure it?s many other people who will n ot recommend this company and stuck in their contract like us. (JGilmore)

User Score

M

April 24th, 2019 Benton, AR

Absolutely the worst customer service that I have dealt with. The technicia ns (if they can even be called that) are rude and unhelpful. They hang up t he phone in the middle of troubleshooting when they are clueless as to what to do.

User Score

Michelle

April 18th, 2019 Las Vegas, NV

I NEVER write reviews!! BUT I can?t say this enough!!! DO NOT PURCH ASE ALARM.COM!!!! Do not!!! They tell you what you want to hear but after i t?s installled and they have your payment you are stuck with a hora ble system. It can?t pick up a 250lb man walking in your house but it picks up and sends you 215 messages during the night because the wind is blowing a tree branch. Can?t pick up a person on camera unless it ?s right in front of the camera? Costumer service ?horrible , can?t get the first guy that told you all the lies to come back o ut. Please research better! I wished we had!!

User Score

R. Hernandez

April 5th, 2019

Do not do business with this company! They contract their work out and seem to not care how their contractors handle business. Twice I?ve had connection problems and could not receive a call back for two months, so no w I have a new router and have done what the app ask to do to connect new r outer no luck and again their contractor has left me hanging going on 3 mon ths, do not do business with Total Connect in Modesto CA., and I get no hel p from Alarm.com they listen to my complaint then nicely say they have noth ing they can do it?s the contract company that I cannot get in cont act with that I need to talk with.

User Score

troy

April 1st, 2019

we have contacted brinks about a bill they said we owed 278 dollars first t hey said the tech put in a new camera witch he did not he just reconnected existing cameras, then they said he was here for 4 hours he was here under an hour they said after they talked to the tech we were responsible for the bill I don?t have a problem paying for services but not paying for something that was not done now they wont even call us back

User Score

Jose

March 28th, 2019 Lewiston, ID

I have owned a few Alarm.com system and related products for about 6 months now. I have had two devices fail and the system requires constant troubles hooting. This thing is not worth the price nor the time to keep working.

User Score

Ajura

March 25th, 2019

Won?t help at all. Told them my home has been without security and they haven?t responded. It?s been over 10 days. Don? ?t buy this. Get simplisafe instead. They expect you to read the fine pri nt as your are locked in for 3 years! They don?t tell you that at a ll. It?s seriously insane.

User Score

Norma Monroy

March 25th, 2019 Los Angeles, CA

This has to be the worst company I have ever had the displeasure of dealing with. From customer service to the actual installation. Every time I call, they reroute me to another department and it wasn?t until this las t time I called when I had the initial person who answers stay on the phone with me until they ?resolved the issue,? which in the end never was resolved anyhow even now 30 days after the call. It has been an o ngoing issue for almost a year. They claim that they only have one expert o n the West Coast to help with installation. They also have sent the expert who doesn?t complete the work and lies about the work that has been completed in his work orders. I am so fed up and I actively shopping for a nother company so when my contract ends in April I will lose them. I am fed up with them and their customer service and overall product.

User Score

Michael Vraja

March 18th, 2019

Have outdoor cameras that record periodically. It will record a snowflake b ut it wont record a human walking in the yard. I?ve had 5 different tech support agents and one tech on site and they still cant figure out th e problem. They said I can pay another $85 to bring another tech out and $6

0 for each additional hour. Camera are under warranty by the manufacturer b ut that cant give me new cameras unless another tech says they are malfunct ioning. The other solution I got was that they can send me new different br ands of cameras but they will have to extend my contract by 19 months. If I want to cancel then I would have to pay thousands to get out of the contra ct. Whatt a crock of you know what. This is the worst company ever. Better off going with another company. 100% dissatisfied!!!!!

User Score

JAMES OSADCZUK

February 13th, 2019

CALL CUSTOMER SERVICE, THERE IS NONE, TO MANY FALSE ALARMS, I GET CHARGED F OR FALSE ALARMS STUCK IN A CONTRACT DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS COMPANY

User Score

Jake Barnett

January 2nd, 2019 Greeley, CO

Terrible customer service, the salesman came to my house and told me I am n ot signing any sort of contract and if after 6 months I want to cancel my s ervice then I am allowed to, do after about a year of service I decided to get rid of the security system and come to find out I signed a 5 year contr act and under any circumstances I am not allowed to cancel my contract

User Score

Barbara

December 20th, 2018

I ordered a video doorbell through my alarm company, Brinks. The installati on was through a contractor working with Brinks. However, he contacted ALar m.com for service. Before installation I contacted the contractor with some questions one of them was if the doorbell was 720 or 1080. I was told 1080 . Great. After installation and checking the box I find it?s an obs olete 720. I?ve had the doorbell one week and no one will cancel th is out of date doorbell. I am very upset. I have been with Moni/Brinks for years. I will be looking for a new company.

User Score

Mike Lawell

November 30th, 2018 Panama City Beach, FL

Alarm.com controller functionality is very slow for automation, very limite d in feature flexibility, planning on buying a new Z-Wave controller to han dle the automation features for everything except alarm. Sad but true.

Example, have a scene created to turn off all indoor lights? it tak e close to 30 seconds and more to turn off the lights after button pushed.

I want a trigger for locking the door based upon exiting the geofence? ? not even possible.

Vera Lite is much more flexible and actually responsive to feature requests ? Alarm.com is completely non-responsive.

For the cost I?m paying? it could be considered theft.

User Score

Cory Stevens

November 24th, 2018

I have had alarm.com equipment for a few weeks now and overall enjoy but ha ven?t had to utilize it much on the security cameras front, however , I will say that the fact that you can?t clear up space on false m ovements that count towards your 1000 recordings a month is a terrible feat ure. My system was installed by 5pm one day, by 5am the next day I was told my 1000 clip limit was up for the month? Now I don?t get notificat ions if something is actually going on for the rest of the month. Haven? ??t had to use the storage recorder yet to know how easy or difficult i t is to use.

User Score

Belenda MacFarland

October 22nd, 2018

I have an outdoor camera. A spider got on the camera and it recorded all ni ght long. I got an e-mail that all of my recording time was used this month , even though I went to the website and deleted all the video recordings. I was advised the camera will start recording next month or I can pay more m oney and purchase more recording time this month. Seems pretty pathetic to me. I would not recommend an outdoor camera from alarm.com to anyone? ?run the other way.

User Score

Brenda Rousseau

May 9th, 2018 Ville Platte, LA

Had new Windows installed and needed some window security check, Kurt came by and was very nice and very knowledgable did a great job and everything i s working fine, thank you Kurt.

Alex Ward

October 27th, 2017 Lincoln, NE

This is the best technology on the market, hands down. I think that a lot o f the complaints I?m reading in the other reviews have a lot more t o do with the dealers that the customers are using. I love my system, am co nstantly impressed by how current they are with new product integrations, a nd feel that my own experiences with their support are top notch. A lot of that comes from my dealer, though, as I know that when I submit a support t icket, that ticket gets passed down to my dealer for them to either address or escalate.

User Score

Marla Barton

April 2nd, 2017

The cost per month is high for just basic camera compared to other companie s. For installation I paid a lot too. I wanted to get the video instead of the camera that just takes pictures but was told that is $250 and $5 MORE p er month. Ridiculous. I do have a good contact guy that answers when I call and we needed some sensors replaced they came out and did that. Nice guy t hat installs.

Reply to
Jim Davis

get good reviews. I just checked again at your recommendation and this is w hat I found.

his alarm system for our newly built home in November 2017. The first few m onths the alarm system worked great so we thought. We started to have probl ems with our doorbell camera. It wasn?t working on our app on our p hones. Called the monitoring company and had to keep resetting the camera.. For the last 5 months kept having the same problem. My husband called the company and found out the main panel had went out. The company sent out a n ew panel when it arrived via U.P.S. It was the wrong panel. Company sent ou t circuit boards this time not the panel. My husband had to replace the cir cuit boards himself. Come to find out Alarm .com do not have any technician s in the field to fix the alarm system if it goes out. He had to call the t echnical support number and they will walk you through how to fix the probl em. After spending 3 hours on the phone via video chat with them , he final ly got the system working. I found the whole ordeal frustrating and on top of that our home wasn?t being monitored for all those months that t he panel was down. So we were paying for months of monitoring that wasn? ??t working. The monitoring company refuse to refund or credit our acco unt for those months. Skybell makes the doorbell, hardly Alarm.com's fault, this is a WiFi issue

Bad panel? same...blaming the wrong equipment

the idiot to improve after 2 years. Nope. The idiot is still the same old i diot.

t really don?t know whether to expect them to actually do anything.

arm.vom, I don?t think good things about them either.

Alexa is made by Amazon...

em to you they don?t tell you everything. Example: The door bell ca mera only lets you get 1000 clips a month and it stops recording and you ha ve to pay for more clips. But when I first got it I got unlimited clips. Th eir camera is no good some times it would not have no sound or picture and they tried to blame it on my internet but my internet connection was fine. My system just goes off by itself and you keep calling for service and no o ne comes to fix it. They tell you a tech is coming and they never show up. But they want your money but don?t give you no service.

He's not dealing with Alarm.com, all they make is the cellular module, As f ar as the number of clips yes if you are saving that many a month it can ge t expensive

The camera issue is likely Wifi, I've had no issues unless it's a WiFi prob lem and I've beta tested their stuff for years, cameras are made by Vivotek one of the largest camera manufacturers in the world, as far as fixing it that is the responsibility of the guys installing the equipment, namely the security alarm dealer

My system frequently encounters issues where the alarm.com web site and mob ile app simply stop responding to commands. For example, sending the comman d to turn on and off lights, unlock or lock doors simply fails today. On th eir web site and mobile app, they show the command being received. Unfortua ntely, that doesn?t tell you whether or not the command succeeded a s I found out the hard way (the commands are silently failing). The interfa ce definitely has significant room for improvement and debugging and fixing the system should not require the service provider to come out. Remeber, t his is an automated solution! Reliability is a huge disappointment as these issues occur REPEATEDLY every 4 to 6 months. I?m ditching this pie ce of junk for a better alternative that is reliable.

Never seen that issue sorry

ear; however, whenever you need technical support if something happens to y our system is a very Big Hassle! Our problem has not been solved. We were t old a tech can come May 13th and we would have to pay the tech $50 an hour. The saddest part about this is our problem is simple. We changed our Wi-fi password. So our equipment only needs to be updated to the new password. W e?re called numerous of times. After holding 25-30 mins a friendIy tech answers ask for all your info, ask you the problem, place you on hold, and the call is dropped. We?ve never missed a payment or ever been late. I came on here not to recommend this company but they don?t have this option. I?m sure it?s many other people who will not recommend this company and stuck in their contract like us. (JGilmore)

Again his issue is with the dealer of the security system who I assume also installed the cameras, and he admitted changing the WiFi password

Alarm.com makes the cellular module, why he think's he's talking to Alarm.c om is beyond me, they don't deal with customer's directly

ians (if they can even be called that) are rude and unhelpful. They hang up the phone in the middle of troubleshooting when they are clueless as to wh at to do.

Same as the others, Does Napco Starlink tech support troubleshoot WiFi issu es with customers? nope neither does AlarmNet, Tellular or Uplink

CHASE ALARM.COM!!!! Do not!!! They tell you what you want to hear but after it?s installled and they have your payment you are stuck with a ho rable system. It can?t pick up a 250lb man walking in your house bu t it picks up and sends you 215 messages during the night because the wind is blowing a tree branch. Can?t pick up a person on camera unless i t?s right in front of the camera? Costumer service ?horribl e, can?t get the first guy that told you all the lies to come back out. Please research better! I wished we had!!

Alarm.com makes the cellular communicator not the security system and they don't directly deal with customers, my guess is his camera placement is lou sy

em to not care how their contractors handle business. Twice I?ve ha d connection problems and could not receive a call back for two months, so now I have a new router and have done what the app ask to do to connect new router no luck and again their contractor has left me hanging going on 3 m onths, do not do business with Total Connect in Modesto CA., and I get no h elp from Alarm.com they listen to my complaint then nicely say they have no thing they can do it?s the contract company that I cannot get in co ntact with that I need to talk with.

Alarm.com is cellular, his problem is with WiFi and the alarm installer, th ey are a 3rd party and do not deal with customer's directly much like Napco , Uplink, Telular etc

I show Total Connect is closed? might be the problem

they said the tech put in a new camera witch he did not he just reconnecte d existing cameras, then they said he was here for 4 hours he was here unde r an hour they said after they talked to the tech we were responsible for t he bill I don?t have a problem paying for services but not paying f or something that was not done now they wont even call us back

Alarm.com makes the cellular communicator, might help to know how his exist ing cameras were connected

hs now. I have had two devices fail and the system requires constant troubl eshooting. This thing is not worth the price nor the time to keep working.

What "devices" failed? The security system? cameras? not specified, the onl y thing Alarm.com is responsible for is the cellular communicator

d they haven?t responded. It?s been over 10 days. Don? ?t buy this. Get simplisafe instead. They expect you to read the fine pri nt as your are locked in for 3 years! They don?t tell you that at a ll. It?s seriously insane.

How has it been without security? Did the cellular module fail? more like t he security system

Simplisafe is crap imho, low grade equipment compared to even the cheapest stuff a normal security company installs

ng with. From customer service to the actual installation. Every time I cal l, they reroute me to another department and it wasn?t until this l ast time I called when I had the initial person who answers stay on the pho ne with me until they ?resolved the issue,? which in the en d never was resolved anyhow even now 30 days after the call. It has been an ongoing issue for almost a year. They claim that they only have one expert on the West Coast to help with installation. They also have sent the exper t who doesn?t complete the work and lies about the work that has be en completed in his work orders. I am so fed up and I actively shopping for another company so when my contract ends in April I will lose them. I am f ed up with them and their customer service and overall product.

They are having issues with the security company not Alarm.com

but it wont record a human walking in the yard. I?ve had 5 differe nt tech support agents and one tech on site and they still cant figure out the problem. They said I can pay another $85 to bring another tech out and $60 for each additional hour. Camera are under warranty by the manufacturer but that cant give me new cameras unless another tech says they are malfun ctioning. The other solution I got was that they can send me new different brands of cameras but they will have to extend my contract by 19 months. If I want to cancel then I would have to pay thousands to get out of the cont ract. Whatt a crock of you know what. This is the worst company ever. Bette r off going with another company. 100% dissatisfied!!!!!

Sounds like the cameras are working fine he/she doesn't have detection wind ows set up properly, a common mistake, not the fault of Alarm.com

FOR FALSE ALARMS STUCK IN A CONTRACT DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS COMPANY

Fault with the security system not the cellular communicator

not signing any sort of contract and if after 6 months I want to cancel my service then I am allowed to, do after about a year of service I decided t o get rid of the security system and come to find out I signed a 5 year con tract and under any circumstances I am not allowed to cancel my contract

Issue with the security system not the cellular communicator

tion was through a contractor working with Brinks. However, he contacted AL arm.com for service. Before installation I contacted the contractor with so me questions one of them was if the doorbell was 720 or 1080. I was told 10

1. Great. After installation and checking the box I find it?s an o bsolete 720. I?ve had the doorbell one week and no one will cancel this out of date doorbell. I am very upset. I have been with Moni/Brinks fo r years. I will be looking for a new company.

Alarm.com rebrands the Skybell doorbell, it is only capable of 720P not 108

0P like the standard Skybell, this is to reduce bandwidth usage, it's not " obsolete" tech

Sounds like the salesman gave him wrong information

ted in feature flexibility, planning on buying a new Z-Wave controller to h andle the automation features for everything except alarm. Sad but true.

ake close to 30 seconds and more to turn off the lights after button pushed .

?? not even possible.

ts? Alarm.com is completely non-responsive.

Sounds like an internet connection issue, if the commands are being sent vi a cellular they might be slower however not that slow

Locking the door by Geofence is possible, I've had one doing it on a test s ystem ever since they added that feature several years ago

haven?t had to utilize it much on the security cameras front, howev er, I will say that the fact that you can?t clear up space on false movements that count towards your 1000 recordings a month is a terrible fe ature. My system was installed by 5pm one day, by 5am the next day I was to ld my 1000 clip limit was up for the month? Now I don?t get notific ations if something is actually going on for the rest of the month. Haven ?t had to use the storage recorder yet to know how easy or difficul t it is to use.

The cameras by themselves are not intended as a DVR replacement constantly recording, they are intended for recording sporadic clips. Napco's Wifi cam eras work the same way

Alarm.com does sell (to dealers) an SVR that can do constant recording, he doesn't have his detection windows set up properly and his cameras are cons tantly sending clips to the cloud

night long. I got an e-mail that all of my recording time was used this mon th, even though I went to the website and deleted all the video recordings. I was advised the camera will start recording next month or I can pay more money and purchase more recording time this month. Seems pretty pathetic t o me. I would not recommend an outdoor camera from alarm.com to anyone? ??run the other way.

Issue #1 a spider got on the camera, not the camera's fault

Issue #2 Alarm.com charges clip storage and data bandwidth used sending the images to Alarm.com, that's why deleting the clips has no effect

e by and was very nice and very knowledgable did a great job and everything is working fine, thank you Kurt.

Security system issue apparently fixed not Alarm.com cellular module

Camera that just takes pictures? Unless they are talking about the Image Se nsor all Alarm.com cameras are video only although you can take a picture f rom the video file

You might want to figure out just what Alarm.com does before posting this s tuff. They sell a 3rd party cellular communicator, rebrand cameras and door bells

They don't sell security systems or do monitoring, deal with WiFi issues, s et monitoring and installation prices or directly deal with the customers

I've been dealing with them since they started in the early 2000's, imo the y are far superior to any cellular communicator including Napco, AlarmNet, Telular or Uplink

Reply to
mleuck

Well I had a scathing response to you all typed out and decided to erase it.

As you already know what I think of you, it serves no purpose to rub your nose in the crap you exude. You do that well enough on your own.

Reply to
Jim Davis

Most reliable late to open notification I've seen is from a real professional central station. That being said, several real "professional" central stations out there AREN'T. I got lucky with Az Security Controls, but E24 and that Cats guy can go pound sand. Most will not provide service directly to end users though.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

Better to bypass the central station and use external sources such as Alarm.com, AlarmNet, Telular or Napco assuming each offers the service. Would you rather get a phone call as notification or an email document or text message?

Our central station does old style late to open notification but that is quickly being supplanted by Alarm.com and AlarmNet

Reply to
mleuck

Opening and closings in printed form seems to be more desirable than text's and each-event emails ---- to larger corporations.

Central station costs usually points Small businesses and homeowners to want the text and emails.

Reply to
Jim Davis

Opening and closings in printed form seems to be more desirable than text's and each-event emails ---- to larger corporations.

Central station costs usually points Small businesses and homeowners to want the text and emails.

********* Az Security did text, email, phone call, printed report, remote activity login on demand, or a combination thereof as desired by the customer atleast a decade ago. Longer on some of those. They even had their own IP communicator for a while until the rest of the industry caught up. There was suspicion (rumor) some guys at UL tried to bootleg their system when they asked for all their source code, and that is why they switched to FM listing instead. None of that was accused explicitly. Just suspicion. I was told they'd never asked for source code before. FM just tested that it performed as described. Every AHJ I worked with accepts FM Listing.

I lost an account to Shadow Scan many many years ago. I was told the president of the company played golf with a guy from Shadow Scan. Anyway they spent almost a year trying to figure out how to do what I was able to provide and ultimately when they finally did switch the service over the local store manager told me they got none of extra services I was providing and their bill was almost double.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

I did speak with Alarm.com's regional representative late last week. They d o want you to sign up to give you further information though. I just want t o know the nuts & bolts first, with pricing for equipment, radio/communicat ions costs, etc, etc. They do show that they want 6 accounts minimum in the first 6-months- and that is something to be determined by what it will do and how well. When Ipdatatel first started, we put one unit for testing and reliability through the works for 8-months before we went with that compan y... certainly do not want to blindly shack up with another company without first getting to know them well first!

Usually, before any purchases are made, it is good to know ahead of time wh at all the costs are going to be; equipment, monthly charges, etc.

I was not impressed by them (Alarm.com) merchandising to the general public . I understand what they are doing and why, but it degrades the company in my estimation...and that is why there are so many complaints attributable t o them as Jim Davis rightly pointed out. And yes, I know that just about al l those complaints have really nothing to do with alarm.com-the core compan y, but they are bringing it upon themselves by their public merchandising. Ipdatatel/Alula does not 'walk the streets' looking for 'customers', with t heir website, as Alarm.com does. But, that is their prerogative, and maybe it works for them. I prefer a bit more professionalism.

Any further information that you may have, would be quite welcome.

Reply to
Hogan

larm.com, AlarmNet, Telular or Napco assuming each offers the service. Woul d you rather get a phone call as notification or an email document or text message?

s quickly being supplanted by Alarm.com and AlarmNet

's and each-event emails ---- to larger corporations.

ant the text and emails.

We find that the customers who want the LTO, LTC, & Unscheduled Openings, l ike the live operator notifications, and they are getting them. The reason previously outlined in the first post, is for fail-safe redundancy.

Ipdatatel/Alula has text, email, and phone call with RoboVoice (kind of a h e/she voice of no one that you ever want to date), clearly waking them up. Texts & emails can be slept thru, but phone calls usually always gets a res ponse. That works great for alarms and all regular notifications, but they lack the additional features mentioned above. The customers don't care abou t the cost, they just want it to work. That is why we want redundancy & tot al reliability. Central stations can get seriously bogged down at times, no t often, but it does happen; and burglar alarms will get priority- LTO, LTC , Unsch O. will take a back seat. Still checking on Napco Starlink.

Reply to
napinc7

like the live operator notifications, and they are getting them. The reaso n previously outlined in the first post, is for fail-safe redundancy.

he/she voice of no one that you ever want to date), clearly waking them up . Texts & emails can be slept thru, but phone calls usually always gets a r esponse. That works great for alarms and all regular notifications, but the y lack the additional features mentioned above. The customers don't care ab out the cost, they just want it to work. That is why we want redundancy & t otal reliability. Central stations can get seriously bogged down at times, not often, but it does happen; and burglar alarms will get priority- LTO, L TC, Unsch O. will take a back seat. Still checking on Napco Starlink.

I just checked the Starlink Connect programming and it does have late to op en, late to close. Text and/or Email.

Reply to
Jim Davis

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.