Redesigned Site

We have redesigned our site please visit, Thank you for all our support

formatting link

Reply to
locknalarm
Loading thread data ...

front page looks good however you still have a number of links to other pages missing..

Reply to
RockyTSquirrel

Thanks I relized that they are being addressed, please use links on bottom left till resolved

Thanks Mike

Reply to
locknalarm

I suggest that you remove the links until they are finished. Otherwise, Google will find them and lower your site's overall rating, as well as mark the links as dead until the next time the spider crawls your site. That could be as long as six months away. No link at all is much better than a broken link.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Google's spider bot crawls my fishing site daily. MSN's spider hits me almost as often. Of course with the interactive forum content increases daily as well. Most of the other more common spiders hit my site atleast once a week. My lower rated sites get crawled weekly by Google and MSN, and the other search engines hit me atleast monthly.

The forums themselves actually an account setup for most of the spider bots so they are logged as an active user. Of course my site stats also show them.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

That's a major improvement. I didn't realise they were coming around that fast. Regsardless, it's a bad idea to keep broken links on the site.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Does your hosting provider supply the stats in a readable form, or do you 3rd party SW to analyze it?

Reply to
G. Morgan

shit qwest is dumping nntp

Reply to
Crash Gordon

I have a number of different stats programs available to interpret the raw stats log files through my cPanel. On the forums though its easier than that. I have automatic "bot" accounts that show the spiders as logged on whenever they are crawling them, and since I participate in the forums myself everyday I can see they are logged on with the rest of the users without even having to check the stats.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

Yeah, mine has that too. I've tried 3rd party stuff that resolves IP's and a few other bells and whistles -- but I really have no need for all that.

How does the BOT get an account?

Reply to
G. Morgan

Knowing and recognizing the structure of most spiders the forum admin script has an area to create bot accounts, and the latest version (of the one I am using) comes preconfigured with accounts for the most well known spiders/bots and automatically logons them on when they visit. This also helps with knowing how many hits are visitors and how many are bots. Helps to keep the stats straight as well, so it can show the actual number of views on a thread instead of showing the views plus the number of times its been crawled. It's a very nice script.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

Cool, I didn't know phpBB did that.

Reply to
G. Morgan

Yeah it's a pretty cool script. I have used phpBB (several versions now), SMF, and YaBB, and finally settled on phpBB. Each has its own pluses and minuses. I still have an SMF board running on one of my lesser sites, but I'm going to run a translator on it and convert it when I have an afternoon free.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

I think all links are fixed now thanks for advice i havent been on here in a while

Reply to
locknalarm

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.