recommendation to replace existing sysetm.

I have a Europlex GS system and the installer has changed personel enough times since it was installed 7 years ago that they have no one to support it. It's been having some problems (like the yellow alert light is constantly flashing even though there are no alerts), so I'm thinking about replacing it and doing some of the work myself (moving the wires, naming the zones, etc).

It's a rather large system as all the windows and doors are on the system as well as 7 smoke detectors, 5 carbon monoxide detectors, 4 heat detectors, 1 sprinkler flow detector, 4 compustable gas detectors,

4 keypads, 9 motion detectors, and 3 sirens. Total zones is 94. And everything is direct wired, nothing is wireless.

I'm looking for something that is easy to add zones to - I'd like to add alerts for water sensors a driveway sensor and a few other things. I want to interface it to a PC running windows xp such that all activity is logged on the computer AND the computer can trigger alerts on the security system. And it needs to have it a "chime" mode, such that every time a window or door is opened, the panel "beeps".

I've looked at the FBII XL-5 128 zone unit, but I'm not sure if that has all the features I'm looking for and what it's longterm prospect is now that honeywell has taken over.

Any help will be appreciated.

Fred.

Reply to
fred.hillen
Loading thread data ...

ELK M-1 Gold.

Reply to
Frank Olson

I think he wants something that works all of the time :-))

Reply to
Russell Brill

You know something about my ELK panel that I don't??

Reply to
Frank Olson

Yeah, the first batch didn't perform as expected, they (ELK) have probably worked the bugs out by now...

Reply to
Russell Brill

Mine's been up and running without a hitch for about 4 months now. I like the look of the new keypads though...

Reply to
Frank Olson

Hmm Frank, Elk M1 has been runing about 4 months now. You said the same thing in 2004, said you just added a third keypad. LIAR

SEE BELOW FOR COMPLTE GOOGLE SEARCH

From: Frank Olson - view profile Date: Sat, Oct 23 2004 11:39 am Email: "Frank Olson" Groups: alt.security.alarms Rating:

Not yet rated

- Show quoted text -

Actually it's been running for about a month now. I haven't gotten around to installing a third keypad, but that's on the agenda this weekend. You'll notice I "winked"...

HERE IS THE LINK FOR GOOGLE

formatting link

Reply to
Group-Moderator

From: Frank Olson - view profile Date: Sat, Oct 23 2004 3:01 pm Email: "Frank Olson" Groups: alt.security.alarms Not yet ratedRating: show options

Reply | Reply to Author | Forward | Print | Individual Message | Show original | Report Abuse | Find messages by this author

- Hide quoted text -

- Show quoted text -

It's been "up and running" for about a month. We had some friends living in the suite downstairs (while their own home was being completed) and I've just installed another keypad at the side entrance to the house. My older son and his girlfriend will be living there. What's up with you and Goofy Muderator?? Group's too peacful for you I guess...

Reply to
Group-Moderator

We moved since then.

Reply to
Frank Olson

nice reply but that is a lie Bass Jr,

Reply to
Group-Moderator

Ademco (Honeywell) Vista50 would be my choice!!

Reply to
At Home Solutions

Ademco (Honeywell) Vista50 would be my choice!!

Reply to
At Home Solutions

Heh. Right.

Reply to
Frank Olson

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.