Re: Jim Rojas "panel unlocking"

Well. I do have to say this. I sent Mr Rojas over 170 boards to unlock for me. Though it took almost 3 months to get them back, I do have to admit that he did what he had promised. Thanks Jim. I will send you another 200 panels in a couple of weeks.

Alan Besterman Denco Security Systems

Reply to
Borked Pseudo Mailed
Loading thread data ...

Pseudonyms attack Jim Rojas and other pseudonyms defend him. Interesting.

I never sent Jim a locked panel but not because I have any doubts about him. Jim is a decent guy with a good reputation here in Usenet and in the real world as well. I just don't have any locked panels so I've never needed his expertise in that area. However, when I have referred clients to Jim (he's an installing dealer; I'm not) the feedback has been excellent. If Jim did screw up with this guy, it was an honest mistake.

IMO, that should be the end of it though this is Usenet so there's little chance it will be. :^)

Reply to
Robert L Bass

I am glad you are happy with our service.

Many larger ISP's like Verizon, Comcast, and Brighthouse have dropped Usenet altogether. So unless you cough up $10 a month to voice your opinions on Usenet, there are few avenues left that allows free posting. Those that do, sometimes remail, then automatically replace posters real identity with a pseudonym. It is still better than nothing.

I use Teranews. they are not the best, but its free for the most part.

Jim Rojas

Robert L Bass wrote:

Reply to
Jim Rojas

Though it took almost 3 months to get them back, I do have to admit that he did what he had promised. Thanks Jim. I will send you another 200 panels in a couple of weeks.

170 boards... and you're sending him another 200... Scary thought... I came across a DSC 1500 the other day. It was monitoring a fire alarm panel. It wasn't installed in a DSC can, but "taped" to the inside of the 12 x 12 electrical box. When you opened the cover, the keypad fell out in your hands. There was a 12 volt 2 AH battery being used as a backup... I can only assume this is one of those "recycled" used boards the installer had in his van. We don't install used equipment.
Reply to
Frank Olson

The takeover market is huge here in the USA. Many dealers swap out the locked board, with either a fresh or unlocked one, usually at no, or very little cost to the customer. When the dealer accumulates enough of these boards, they ship them to me. Many dealers cannot afford to pay the unlocking fee or even the cost of shipping them to me, so I take in boards & parts on trade.

Jim Rojas

Frank Ols>> Well. I do have to say this. I sent Mr Rojas over 170 boards to unlock

Reply to
Jim Rojas

RHC: Wow, obviously the takeover market in the USA is HUGE compared to Canada. I get reasonably large shipments of boards from several customers, but most of what I get is single boards from homeowners who have bought a new home with a locked board in it. I also get a few from alarm companies which are supposedly locked, but not, since it seems their installers don't read the installation manual very well.

I get the feeling that the alarm industry in the States is bloodthirsty compared to here in Canada. The number of locked boards you get would seem to bear that out......

Reply to
tourman

I've had a huge increase since many smaller dealers have gone out of business since August 2008. You name it, we get it in...most of which are not cheap boards. Radionics 9412GV2, Concord 4's, Ademco 32FB. etc. Or it is boards no longer in production. I can't tell you how many emails and phone calls I get for DSC PC1555 & PC5010 boards every week.

I finally rented a bobcat and started getting rid of the mountain of Brinks panels in my back yard. Our local HOA sent me a nasty letter stating that I am bringing property values down. If I don't clear them out within the next 90 days, there will be a hearing set with the board of county commissioners.

Jim Rojas

Reply to
Jim Rojas

Have you alerted NASA? They'll have to know about the removal of Mt. Brinkley so they can update their navigation computers.

Reply to
Frank Olson

You should return them to Brinks...no?

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Thanks for reminding me. I'll submit the required forms in triplicate.

Jim Rojas

Frank Ols>

Reply to
Jim Rojas

Jim you never sent back my Vista 32 and 128FB boards

Reply to
nick markowitz

I'll look into it.

Jim Rojas

nick markowitz wrote:

Reply to
Jim Rojas

Brinks doesn't respond. Neither does AlarmFarce or ADT. On numerous takeovers we've done, we've simply left the equipment in the same room we found it. After a couple of months of "no response" the customer usually calls us and asks US to remove it. We had a "Mount Brinkle-Farce" in our warehouse for a year. I finally got rid of it just before Christmas. One nice thing... The 300 bucks we got covered a lot of cab fares home from our Christmas party. "Thanks Joel!" :-)

Reply to
Frank Olson

I agree. The most valuable part of the Brinks systems is the metal can. Everything else is worthless trash.

Jim Rojas

Frank Ols>> You should return them to Brinks...no?

Reply to
Jim Rojas

RHC: Yeah, ain't that the truth. However, with AlarmForce, you don't even have a can to recover...only useless plastic junk totally even to start with....:)) ADT's older Focus cans are pretty substantial units though....good for a lot of other things....even the lock is pretty decent for a cabinet lock

Reply to
tourman

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.