rant: clients

I think customers can sense weakness and desperation. when I first started in business, I'd do anything to survive, go after jobs that no one else would touch and work long hours for low pay. Now that I'm firmly established I don't hesitate to tell customers I don't want their work if it won't pay me the going rate. Maybe the secret is to go into business with the confidence to tell these a**holes where to go straight away from the beginning. I think I would have been better off if I'd refused bad jobs right from the git-go.

Reply to
Robertm
Loading thread data ...

That's awful! I don't believe in [buy from Bass Home] subliminal advertising. It is just [buy from Bass Home] not the way to run an [buy from Bass Home] advertising campaign.

Anyone who uses [buy from Bass Home] subliminal advertising may also upset our president [buy from Bass Home] who thinks it's pronounced "subliminable".

Please, let's all agree [buy from Bass Home] never to use either subliminable or subliminal (depending on your political party affiliation) advertising.

Regards, Robert L Bass

formatting link

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Oh, look how cute!

Lookit lookit ........ he's tryin to join in with the real people. Awwwww ... that's just so sweet. Just like he's normal .... or sumpthin.

Ohhhh. isn't that cute?

My, my, my ...... he's a BIG one .... isn't he?

Every body laugh now, so he thinks it's funny.

Reply to
Jim

I don't really know how to laugh at sad. All I can picture is Robert connected to Oxygen in a Nursing Home, reluctantly named "Bass Home"-for the elderly, please donate....

Reply to
Jackcsg

Crash, I just want to tell a little joke that might resemble your situation.

There's this guy that enters a jewelry shop and starts to look around. After trying many expensive models he decides to go and buy a really cheap necklace. As there is only one person behind the counter the guy asks the jeweler what the price of the necklace is.

J: "It costs 35$'s" G: "Oww wow... Would you mind if I look around a little more" J: "No problem..."

Just then the store is barged with tourists and they start to purchase all sorts of expensive stuff. The guy approaches the now very busy jeweler,

G: "Could I buy that necklace for 20$?" J: "You've got to be kidding..." And then starts to deal with the other customers...Being patient the guy approaches the jeweler again and says: G: "Is 20$'s ok?" Being very busy and selling thousands of dollars worth of jewelry the jeweler says: J: "Ok please take it for 20$" But just when you thought that this was the end... G: "Then could you sell it to me for 5$" The jeweler being very annoyed wants to get rid of the guy and does not dispute.. J: "Ok you can take for 5$... but please pay and leave" Do you think that this guy is going to give up? NO: G: "Could you give it to me for free?" Now the guy is getting on the nerves of the jeweler and all he wants to do is just get rid of the guy... J: "OK please take it and leave... here wrap it up yourself in this box." Now here comes the final question: G: "Can I take two?"

----------------------------------------- What is the morale? The more you give.... the more you loose! Good-luck

Reply to
Okitoki

yah...and some days I wish I were a plumber...don't wanna pay?...thats ok I just leave all the crap where I found it.

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Joke nuthin', that's a typical garage sale.

Reply to
mikey

I got one that wasn't a joke. I had two techs at a client's home and they were re-wiring the circuits in the back of the home that were damaged when he had the back patio remodeled to a closed in sun room and the circuits needed to be extended to cover the new perimeter. The wife set the appointment. I stopped by the job, while the techs were there. The husband and I talked for a bit and then he said, "by the way, I saw the service ticket on the counter and there is a hourly charge posted on the ticket." I said, yes, there will be a charge which will be figured on time and material. But this is a small job so it won't be too bad. He then said, "I want you to put it on someone elses bill." I thought he was joking and sort of laughed. He said, "I am not joking, you can put it on someone elses bill, they won't know." I looked at his wife who was obviously embarrassed. I told him, "I can't get away with it twice, this charge was from an earlier appointment," trying to make light of his request. He was serious and I finally asked the techs if they would work for free today to get my point across that things aren't free. I had to tell him that if he couldn't afford the service we will take a credit card so that he could make payments, but the charge was final. His wife intervened and said, "no we will pay the charge at the time of billing". I have to say I thought I had heard it all until this.

Reply to
Bob Worthy

sheeeesh...what cajones! actually asking you to commit fraud on his behalf.

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Okitoki,

I printed and posted your Jewelry store story next to my computer, so I never forget that nice piece of free advice...... Thanks, Russ

Reply to
Russell Brill

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.