Radionics 5700

Can this panel be programmed to auto arm/disarm? If so, can the user enable/disable it and program the time of day to do it?

TIA

Reply to
No Name
Loading thread data ...

ah the 7112...now there was a panel that almost put me outta business...radx too.

Reply to
Crash Gordon

It can be programmed to buzz when it should be armed (a time that can be temporarily changed from the keypad) but it does not auto arm. This feature was used by Honeywell to report a fail to arm message to the Central Station.

By the way, although the system board says Radionics on it, this is a Honeywell product made for Honeywell. It is an OEM version of the Radionics D7112, which did NOT have this feature.

Your panel can (officially) only be programmed by someone from Honeywell. Radionics sent the required software to Honeywell, who distributed it to its centers.

Sorry I am so late in answering your question, but I didn't bring home any Honeywell docs when I left the company, but I just found the Owner's manual today and it refreshed my memory enough for me to give you a confident answer.

X.

X.

Reply to
X. Boschman

Power supply/charging circuit problem that only showed up intermittantly and way after you've sold it and installed it and chased *many* ghost problems. At first radx skirted the issue...then came to ack it. Thankfully I had only installed about 20-30 of them and I was a big enough dealer that they made it right for me. Ended up pulling them all and replacing with 7212's. But, it was still very costly for me even with free replacment panels - as I ate the install time and had to deal with the clients. IMO it hurt Radx too .

If you come across any that are acting goofy you'll know it...I just pull them and install something new.

Reply to
Crash Gordon

business...radx

What was wrong with it?

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Yah it was bad.

Almost as bad as the 636 keypad issue. I'm the guy (unfortunately) that discovered that problem and worked for months with techs on troubleshooting and finding the cause. Thats going waaayyy back.

Reply to
Crash Gordon

It was a nightmare for technical support as well. ANY panel by any RADX dealer would be warranty replaced for about five years after the problem was diagnosed. Didn't make it easier for the dealers, though.

Did you know the D9112 was just going to be a bigger version of the D7112 until the product manager decided to go on the road, get dealer feedback, and implement the suggestions? It slowed the release of the D9112B, but resulted in a much better designed product that is still successful.

The original D9112 prototype had a seven digit point code instead of the much more flexible point indexes (which had their own potential for confusion, but were IMO a much better approach than pseudo-binary optioning).

X.

Reply to
X. Boschman

I thought you'd enjoy the memories :-))))

And then...when programming sheets became as thick as War & Peace... I started selling other products...went from being 99% Radx to now only repair or replace 'em.

Reply to
Crash Gordon

troubleshooting

Not THAT way back! I remember it well. :-( More extended warranty exchanges, but not for as long as the D7112 charging circuit issue. Boy, you are bringing back some wonderful (?) memories!

X.

Reply to
X. Boschman

Um.........

I never found the programming bloat all that daunting, myself. I created the flexibility that our customers were demanding while structuring the programs in a familiar and recognizable set of modules. What I didn't care for was the D6412 programming interface (Nibbles 'n' bits. Nibbles 'n' bits. I gotta get me some nibbles 'n' bits). And no DF200 programming! I think the clear break wiht the past (among other things) had more of an effect than the increase in programming options. But everyone is different and has differing requirements and tastes.

X.

Reply to
X. Boschman

Power up the spare one in the shop...solder in a new battery while it's powered up...and pray?

I'm such an idiot..once I changed a lithium on an older DMP. I thought I was supposed to power it down first...duh...pretty dumb.

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Talking about dumbass ideas from Radionics:

Soldered-in lithium batteries.

When the panel loses both AC and battery power, if the lithium battery is dead you cannot get into the panel with a programmer. You have to send it back to the factory for a new battery. So if you have a spare 7212 on the shelf that's been sitting for a few years, odds are you won't be able to program it when you need it. Same thing if you have an older panel out in the field that loses both AC and battery: the programming is gone, and you can't reprogram that panel.

X. Boschman, if you know a workaround for this, you'd be performing a public service by telling us about it.

Reply to
Nomen Nescio

Well at least you learned, and hopefully you only did it once....

Reply to
Jackcsg

It was one of those "inverted data-bit days"...you know when the little voice in your head is telling you the right way to do something, but your hands just go ahead and power the panel down and remove the battery anyway?

Reply to
Crash Gordon

So it's troo then...you work at Alarm Shack? I'll have a spicy fried Simon 3 with a side of slaw.

:-)

Reply to
Crash Gordon

I used to have days like that... Now I'm happy just standing behind my counter. ;-))

"Would you like an apple pie with that?"

Reply to
Frank Olson

It's in the panel.

Reply to
Crash Gordon

This is about the only solution for the older panels. Since the 9412 series, the lithium battery is "spring" held and easily replaced. But the panel MUST be powered us in this scenario as well or else, poof, panel repair.

X.

Reply to
X. Boschman

Sounds like you had reversed polarity to me.

X.

Reply to
X. Boschman

I once, as an experiment of course, left the battery hooked up backwards on a DMP XR-200 for a couple of weeks...no damage to the panel though....it was cool.

Reply to
Jackcsg

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.