Radio Shack Now "The Shack" got to love it

I just love corporations who do not realize when they have been played for suckers.

Radio Shack is changing its name to "The Shack " which is an insult term many people refer to it.

Radio Shack thinks people just use "the Shack for short for Radio Shack.

when in realty .

Ex:" I bought this piece of shit from the shack "

what a bunch of moron marketing people they have you think changing a name will make a store more appealing and get more business

Reply to
nick markowitz
Loading thread data ...

RHC: Here in Canada, Radio Shack sold out to (I believe) Bell Canada who changed their name to "The Source", and who plan to add their cell phones to the regular line of stock. Radio Shack in the USA is a totaslly different company.

I agree with you. We used to say "gonna go to the Crap Shack to buy such and such". I guess they are attempting to turn a negative into a positive. Good luck !!

Reply to
tourman

I never cared much for the place unless I needed resisters but I also never heard of anyone using "The Shack" as an insult, they are still one of the biggest cellular phone resellers in the US.

The problem they have is their customers are generally older which is a bad demographic in the long run, I doubt the name change hurts them but I doubt it helps either when compared to Best Buy and WalMart

Reply to
mleuck

When I worked for them we "lovingly" referred to them as Radio Shaft....because they were always figuring out ways to cut our commissions.

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Years ago RLB said something that tickled my funny bone (calm down Mark, not that one). "You've got questions, we've got 'huh?' "

Reply to
G. Morgan

I think you mean you were tickling your funny bone while RLB said something.

Reply to
mleuck

No you don't.

I meant what I said, it wasn't the toaster. (just saw the Quiznos commercial, I had no clue what you were babbling about before).

Reply to
G. Morgan

I've always heard folks call them "Radio Crap" which was really appropriate when they were only peddling cheap, Chinese imports with RS labels. Many years ago they tried to compete with Apple and a few others by selling "Tandy" version computers which were, of course, crap.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

What is it about your funny bone that interests Leuck? Is he fantasizing or what?

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Who are you talking to?

Reply to
mleuck

Usenet is a text medium. Did you hear voices?

Reply to
Robert L Bass

It looked like you were channeling G again, you'll have to wait till he sobers up tho

Reply to
mleuck

Channeling? Mike, is that you???

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.