R.I.P. Robert L. Bass

Sadly, Robert passed away this past Sunday.

Rest in peace Robert.

formatting link

Reply to
G. Morgan
Loading thread data ...

RHC: Thank you Graham for posting this...

Reply to
tourman

Things have not been the same since Robert dropped off the forum when he got bad. May he rest in peace.

Reply to
nick markowitz

formatting link

Rest in peace Robert.

Jim Rojas Technical Manuals Online!

formatting link
Cornwall Lane Tampa, FL 33615-4604

813-884-6335
Reply to
Jim Rojas

formatting link

I'm pretty sure Robert's not one to "rest". He's more than likely reconfiguring a heavenly server to accept "PrayPal" and gearing up for his first 100 mile ride. My condolences, thoughts, and prayers go out to Robert's family and friends.

"Death gives us sleep, eternal youth, and immortality." Jean Paul (1763-1825)

Reply to
Frank Kurz

formatting link
Sad to hear, even though we knew it was coming. I thought of him several times over past few months since he dropped off Usenet. Thanks for passing this on.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

I'll post my impressions

It's too bad he passed away however his legacy here is spending most of the time driving people away which he did very well, he slammed the entire security industry to push product and in a few cases tried to go real-life on those he disagreed with (including me). Had he been civil providing security advice and not back stab everyone he WOULD be missed.

You may all resume your gushing praises

Reply to
mleuck

Damn I love to read from you !! ;-)))))

Reply to
Petem

ssion

It was not very nice of him to slam Al Colombo from SSI Magazine either.

Reply to
nick markowitz

cussion

Shoot I just realized now we'll never know the real explanation behind that old "testimonial"

Reply to
mleuck

I'm sure Al doesn't hold any grudges. I know Robert tried his best to make amends before the end. I think that speaks volumes. And with this, I hope I've not stepped over into "gushing praises" territory. I certainly wouldn't want to offend our resident curmudgeons.

Reply to
Frank Kurz

Yup, now he can practice his obsession and all important

"bottom posting"

RIP RLB

It's too bad he passed away however his legacy here is spending most of the time driving people away which he did very well, he slammed the entire security industry to push product and in a few cases tried to go real-life on those he disagreed with (including me). Had he been civil providing security advice and not back stab everyone he WOULD be missed.

You may all resume your gushing praises

Reply to
Josepi

I suppose whether he top or bottom posts depends on where he went....

Reply to
mleuck

You would have to ask him. It was all important to posting.

Now he is jockying for position.

Reply to
Josepi

G. Morgan wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

So long for now, Robert

May he rest in peace.

Tommy Lee

Reply to
motley me

Wow, sad to hear. He was a tough cracker to break. We're all just trying to make a living, Robert was no exception. R.I.P. Buddy

Reply to
jackcsg

formatting link
TRULY

saddened to hear about this. Robert gave me great advice on stuff here when I first came on in January.

*sigh*... :-L
Reply to
Joe Wangkauf

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.