Punks making noises in my windows

I have some punks putting their face right up by my closed and curtained window making noises and then running off. They think there slick. I've already had my house broken into and have very little tolerance for this kind of crap.

I have a alarm system that I've installed myself thanks to some of the help from here. I'm thinking of getting some kind of camera setup. Possibly even sticking a webcam in the window temporarily until I solve this problem.

I really want to scare the crap out of these punks. I've seen motion activated sprinkler setups for gardens but they aren't cheap and it might get smashed. I also thought about wiring up some kind of loud speaker behind the screen where they can't see. I'm not sure if I would have it make some obnoxious sound or if I could just announce very loud that I have their picture and calling the cops.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Reply to
Spork
Loading thread data ...

Best thing you can do is just report it to the police and let it go. These type of pranks most times involve bored kids. Once they get bored with you, they will move on.

Video recording is a good idea, but don't give them a reason to retaliate. Hidden low light cameras work best. Stay away from Infrared Illuminators. They can be seen in the dark.

Jim Rojas

Reply to
Jim Rojas

Aside from the electronic approach if you have a dog or your neighbors do, or if you know someone who has some barn animals, collect a bunch of their droppings and spread it out on the ground under your window. Fresh cow pies would be great. Or, if you can get a camera set up at the window, and can trigger it remotely, you could make one great all inclusive statement by flashing the camera when they came to the window. It would scare the shit out of them ( perhaps adding to what you put on the ground) and now they would know that you do have a picture of them.

Reply to
Jim

357 Magnum with hollow points does wonders
Reply to
mleuck

Dig a shallow hole and bury one of those plastic planters right under the window. Fill the planter with luminous survey paint. Cover the planter with saran wrap and spread bark mulch around. Then all you have to do is follow the footprints. The guy with the day-glow orange socks and sneakers is your culprit!

Reply to
Frank Olson

Reply to
Just Looking

Pit with Punji sticks work even better, follow the blood trail...

Reply to
mleuck

Sure they're fun, but then lawyers et involved and they take the fun out of everything...

Reply to
JoeRaisin

Yes but it's worth the few fleeting minutes of fun

Reply to
mleuck

Coat your windows with a smear of battery acid or caustic soda.

Reply to
David W

Sure, put a pile of cow manure under your window. They'll think twice about coming back after they bury their shoes in it! hahahaha

Reply to
Pool_Player

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.