pulling out a pyrotronix/cerbanus panel adressable

Please....do us a favor and put that sucker in the trash can....

Reply to
Jackcsg
Loading thread data ...

Isn't that the worst piece of crap on the market. We've got a customer who has 30 of them in various building put in my some electrician years ago used as manual alarms. Their risk management people wanted us to connect to them and provided monitoring. Almost every single panel was in trouble or in alarm with the bell circuit cut off... No thanks.

Reply to
J. Sloud

Im pulling out a non functioning cerbaus?/pyrotronix adressable panel mmx? have aprox dozen pull stations smokes and some relays monitor modules etc. if any one can use them?

Reply to
Nick Markowitz

Heh... We've pulled out three of them in the last month!!

Reply to
Frank Olson

Already done!!! Worst system I've ever worked on. Everything is proprietory. The customer's basically "locked in" to using Pyro for service and maintenance issues. You even need a special programmer to set up any field device that needs replacing. At least with Edwards SIGA line you can access parts from a number of different wholesalers and just "plug 'em in"...

Reply to
Frank Olson

I was asked to service an older System3 up in Hudson, NY in an old Hotel. I told the owner he'd be better off getting rid of it instead of wasting time and money trying to fix all the problems. I gave him a price to swap it out. He called Sonitrol in for week to see if they could fix it....needless to say I was out there a week later replacing everything, and repairing wiring. Good God their junk. The Government loves them POS though. The army uses it religiously.

Reply to
Jackcsg

Pyrotronix/Cerbanus ??? Never heard of them! lol jk I think you mean Cerberus/Pyrotronics. Put it in the garbage can Nick. Pyrotronics/Cerberus is owned by Siemens now, so who knows if old stuff works with the new.

I ripped out a System 3 in a church many years ago, all detectors were Ionization and they wondered why the alarm falsed all the time.

Sean

Reply to
SeanS

After ripping it out and seeing how the bad the wiring was installed It is no wonder all the trouble signals we use to get. Siemens I know all about there great products like the Murray breaker panel whose main 100 amp breakers melted down etc. and ther worthless contactors as well.

Reply to
Nick Markowitz

Reply to
Rumple

should have rest of the system out next week will give you a list.

Reply to
Nick Markowitz

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.