Protect America (Worthless)

Just a warning to steer clear of this company. I sent them a letter to cancel my account after having paid them for three years. They claim they never received it. So they re-upped me for a year at their 29.95 rate. Just a worthless company from top to bottom.

Reply to
kurt.kurtsmith
Loading thread data ...

Yep they are. Always...always use certified or registered mail with return receipt.

Reply to
Crash Gordon

You should have sent the letter registered mail. This way you would have had proof of delivery, and a signature on file.

Jim Rojas

Reply to
Jim Rojas

This is the self-install system available online and via the mail?

In my former address in Houston you very rarely saw their sign. However, now I am 100 miles away and you see their signs everywhere. So there are a lot of peeps who must have not been able to get any of the 'city' companies out here.

Since I am listed at Yellow Pages dot com I checked the web site and found that BRINKS ADT and PROTECT AMERICA was pretty much it out in the sticks and most of the new residents out here are coming from the big city so they immediately call either ADT or BRINKS cause thats their only choices in most areas. Those who want to do their own install would call PA.

I assume they are still using Simon - the same one ADT now markets at every Home Depot - and the Simon beats every BRINKS job and most of those trunk-slammer ADT jobs. And its $5. a month cheaper than BRINKS or ADT.

There really is a good size market for PA and aside from your message I have never had anyone complain about them and I replaced several of the systems for new home buyers who didn't know what the thing was.

Reply to
thesatguy

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.