Has anyone programmed an Ademco Vista 20P? Whats a typical entry for

*182:

1) door switches

2) IR motion

thanks

Reply to
rickm
Loading thread data ...

I hardly ever use customizable zone types. Is there a reason you don't want to use normal zone types?

01 Entry/Exit #1 - delayed doors 03 Perimeter - instant doors/windows 04 Interior Follower - interior device (pir) that follows entry delay if delay zones are faulted first... but instant in other cases
Reply to
Crash Gordon

Im after just a vanilla setup, the manual implies that *182 is required so thats what I was trying to get working. Sounds like that is not right so Im open. Is *56 the right field?

Reply to
rickm
*182 is for custom zones just use *56 area and the zone types I gave or any of the standard ones on page 12
Reply to
Crash Gordon

after *97 and *56, the Vista finally came up and showed some life. testing is next

Thanks!!!

Reply to
rickm

cool...have fun!

Reply to
Crash Gordon

m...

Something is still not right. The system is up, will arm and both pads are talking to the main box yet none of the sensors trip the alarm. The motion sensor is getting power and is functioning. The door switch worked on the old main box. I tried "test" and "chime" mod and they do nothing. There are no error mesages or faults.

The old alarm had each connection wired with a series resistor. This manual doesnt really say if the resister should be connected

door -------------------------- HI switch ---------------/\\/\\/\\/\\-----LO

IR -------------------------- HI sensor ---------------/\\/\\/\\/\\-----LO pwr ---------------------------aux + gnd ---------------------------aux -

Is this correct? any suggestion on what to check?

Reply to
rickm

turn on chime and remove one leg of a door circuit from the panel.

If you don't hear the chime go back and review the programming for the zones to make sure that you have the zone programmed for the proper zone type and not just zeroed out.

If you do hear the chime then you need to meter your wire and the door contacts to find out which is malfunctioning.

Motion detector zones won't chime but you can do those and the doors as well using 'walk test' - its in manual...

Reply to
JoeRaisin

om...

In the home stretch!!!....The doors were set to EOL instead of N/C so they are now working. The IR motion is not working though. Ive tried NO ever mode and it fails the walk test. The other zones report a fault and chime but the IR doesnt report anything. I enabled the sensor's LED and its getting power and "see's" movement. I have it set to TYPE4 and NC which allows the system to come READY. I have the inline resister on the LO side on the panel.

any thoughts?

Thanks

Reply to
rickm

You don't need the resistor if your loops are programmed N/C (no EOL). Set the IR loop as a perimeter/chime for testing after you remove the resistor. I'd close by saying "RTFM", but the Ademco products are a bit of a challenge to program for a novice. Glad things are workin' out. Keep us posted on your progress.

Regards, Frank Olson

Reply to
Frank Olson

m...

.com...

Im replacing an Ademco 4030 which required a series resistor on each loop. Do you recommend removing the resistor on both the doors and IR?

Also, the documentation for the IR does not specify if its N/C or N/ O. What the typical setting? If N/O, is a resisor required?

THANKS!!!!!

Reply to
rickm

I you arm the system but don't open an entry/exit door, the system may bypass the motion detectors, thinking you are still inside.

Reply to
alarman

Interesting point, how can the motion be tested?

Reply to
rickm

Arm the system, open and close the front door, wait for the exit delay to expire.

Reply to
alarman

most are n/c unless you have one with n/c com n/o resistOrs are required on any loop if you're using EOL in program

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.