Problem enrolling Receiver section of RF5501-433NA Keypad

After scouring the manuals and newsgroups for possible solutions with no luck, I thought I would post here to see if anyone might have an idea as to what Im doing wrong.

Im trying to enroll a RF5501-433NA keypad with my DSC 632 (PC1555MX CP-01) system. The Keypad manual says that it enrolls as two modules... "1 = keypad section ...17 = receiver section". I entered programming [*][8][xxxx], entered keypad programming[000], selected Partition and Slot assignment [0], and specified [01] as the partition and slot values. I then exited programming, went back into program mode [*][8][xxxx] and did the supervisory reset with [902]. I waited several minutes for the controller to scan the bus...and then displayed all modules with [903]. The only module found/displayed was 1....the keypad. According to the install instructions...17 (the receiver) should have also been found. The instructions say that if both modules do not show on the keypad, then 1) keypad may not be properly connected on the bus, 2) problem may be with keybus wiring run or 3) the keypad does not have enough power. Ive checked all my connections and I'm pretty confident that it is connected properly. My run is short...like..less than 50'...and...I dont know why there would be a problem with power.

Does anyone have any thoughts or suggestions that might help me get the receiver enrolled.

Thanks -- Jeff Gaiche

Reply to
jgaiche
Loading thread data ...

The receiver will not enroll until you have programmed at least one transmitter into the system and caused it to transmit. js

Reply to
alarman

I have never had a receiver recognized by the panel til I power up and program in the xmtrs. js

Reply to
alarman

Eh? Never heard that one before

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Yes, I think there is at least one problem I can identify. If using the keypad with the integrated wireless receiver, I have found that you must designate the keypad as 18 in keypad programming (or something other than

0X). If you leave it as global (0) rather than designating it as Partition 1, it will actually shut down after a few minutes, and can only be brought back to life by holding the 1 key down (re-selecting Partition 1). I think you may find that will solve your problem, and allow you to see the wireless receiver when you 902 / 903 the panel. I had much the same problem the other day...

Also remember, if you designate the keypad as 18 for example, you must put the keypad zone in the right spot in the keypad programming designation section (020) I believe. Also, you may not see the 17 designation for the wireless receiver until you actually program at least one of the wireless devices into Section 804...

R.H.Campbell Home Security Metal Products Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

formatting link

Reply to
R.H.Campbell

Reply to
jgaiche

Now I'm gonna have to test that

Reply to
Mark Leuck

That has been my experience as well

RHC

Reply to
R.H.Campbell

Mark, I think you will find that to be so. I have experienced that in all cases where I have installed a wireless receiver, within the keypad or the external unit.

RHC

Reply to
R.H.Campbell

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.