PR: Dedicated Micros now available on Bass Burglar Alarms website

PR: Dedicated Micros now available on Bass Burglar Alarms website

We have recently added the entire line of Dedicated Micros professional CCTV equipment to our website.

At over 48,000 pages,

formatting link
is one of the largest security and CCTV stores online. Selling directly to the public, we offer discount prices, fast shipping and excellent service.

Reply to
Robert L Bass
Loading thread data ...

Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!

Reply to
Frank Olson

I've never ever seen a website that measures itself by how many pages it contains...

Reply to
Matt Ion

And still have that one popup, this time to

formatting link

Reply to
Mark Leuck

How many websites have you built, friend?

Reply to
Robert L Bass

The question is: How many have *you* built? The monstrosity that "searchfit" put together for you is like... The Creature from the Black Lagoon On Steroids or one of George Bush's shorter speeches...

Reply to
Frank Olson

I got "Winfixer" *again*...

Reply to
Frank Olson

I dunno... I figure he's at least in the running for one of the most "confusing". What's really funny though, is this is the *second* "PR Post" he's done and in *both* he's mis-spelled his website's address...

Reply to
Frank Olson

Nice one moron, posting 6.5 megabytes into a newsgroup will probably even have RHC shaking his head, you may have a lot of content but if you don't have the bus fare to get the website address correct on your own "PR" post, I doubt too many people will be visiting it.

Doug L

Reply to
Doug L

Professionally, a couple dozen. Just-for-fun, I lost count long ago.

Never measured their quality or popularity or anything else by HOW MANY PAGES they contained.

Never seen or heard of anyone else's that did either.

As far as I know, the digital-arts school I used to do IT support at never taught "number of pages" as a criteria for a good site.

Reply to
Matt Ion

What do you expect from someone who actually creates individual pages for each of 40-some-thousand products? Talk about no life!

Reply to
Matt Ion

Name five of them.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Sales. :^)

Reply to
Robert L Bass

I have to agree. While I've only done 10 or so, usually you try and keep things simple. There's a guy named Hirschxxx that does articles on web site usability. Most people have learned their lesson and keep away from A. objects that require downloading an attachment (adobe is about the only exception) B. Confusion on the pages .. keep your tree simple.

Yes, I still run across badly written sites. If you can't find what you are looking for (or at least know you're on the track) within 3 or

4 clicks, the site needs redesigning.

IMHO

Reply to
Davewallen

I agree. I've very deliberately designed the menu tree to lead visitors quickly to what they seek. I've also implemented a fast, on-site search engine. I get compliments virtually every day from clients who like the design of the website. In short, just because the website is huge does not necessarily make it difficult to navigate.

I'm also developing special complete system pages for each major product group. These pages allow a visitor to select (for example) an alarm master control panel plus different quantities of keypads, zone expanders, sirens, strobes, magnetic contacts, motion, glass break and smoke detectors all at once, then click "Buy Now" and move the entire selection en masse to the shopping cart. This makes it easier for customers to select compatible components on a single page. It also allows customer support staff to process phone orders very quickly without needing to browse from page to page.

There are a few bits of code remaining to be done to make this work smoothly but I expect to have it completed shortly. As I code the pages I will include tips on selection and application of each product group directly above the pages -- kind of a "shopping tutorial" design.

I've experimented with this selling intercom systems, several of our more popular alarm brands and a few home entertainment systems. Customers seem to like the design as it allows them to shop for almost all components on a single page.

Among the worst designs I've seen are some of the other large DIY stores. More than a few look like HTML renditions of the ad pages in "Computer Shopper".

True, but there's more to it than rapid access. You also need to look at how the products are grouped, especially when selling security systems because there are a lot of different components required for each system.

I took a two-pronged approach. Many of my pages are catalogs of related parts from one or more manufacturers. If you're looking for a Visonic motion detector, I have a page where I list the more popular models. If you want Sentrol recessed magnetic contacts, I have a page listing those as well.

The second tine is my complete systems pages. There I list a selection of control panels from a single manufacturer, each of the compatible keypads, expansion modules and accessories, wireless gear and finally hard-wired sensors.

The new complete system pages are an improvement over the original design. Eventually I will have system pages for every burglar alarm control panel from every manufacturer, every fire alarm panel, every intercom system, structured wiring system and whole home audio / video distribution system.

The trick is to keep the design flexible enough to work with all of these different types of systems. So far it's working. We're now the largest independent buyer of security systems in south Florida.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

The thing that really tends to tick off visitors more than anything else is "popup advertising"... Which Bass uses but refuses to admit to...

Reply to
Frank Olson

Tell me I didn't just see you post a "Press Release"...... This 'news' isn't worthy of mention at a Bass family picnic let alone a newsgroup. You are a jackass.

Robert L Bass wrote:

Reply to
Mr.Double-sided tape

You forgot to check the link - it's broken....

Reply to
Steve Foley

Robert - For a "Professional" who seems to spend alot of his time bashing his competition verbally in groups like these with, from what I can tell, are mostly lies. You don't seem to be providing your own customers very good service.

You have sounded off many times in your endless postings about how poorly the professional security companies treat their customers, and how they sell low quality equipment, at high prices. But on your website you don't seem to think that same equipment is low quailty - in fact, and I quote your homepage,

"Install the same professional security alarm systems that professional alarm system installers use."

It seems like whatever you are saying is going to be twisted to favor you.

In less than three years, Robert, you have managed to "earn" yourself an unsatisfactory rating with the Better Business Bureau, collecting over a dozen complaints, 4 of which you didn't even take the time to respond to! You are doing exactly what you accuse others of doing, it's time to look in the mirror my friend.

I'm sure you will go on and on about how the Better Business Bureau is just a raket designed to put non-members out of business, most people with an unsatifactory record tend to believe that, because it is easier than doing the right thing and dealing with your unsatisfied customers, and this, somehow allows you to sleep at night.

But what the bureau really is, is a way for people to try to resolve what usually is a legitimate complaint against a company and try to get resolution, or at the very least warn other customers that the same thing may happen to them. As complaints continue to pile up and business begins to drop off you might figure it out, but by then it may be too late.

-Good Luck Robert

If you care to check your record with the bureau, and I encourage others to do so also, here is the link:

formatting link

Reply to
Dunker007

Big Badda-Bump!! :-)

Reply to
Frank Olson

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.