PR: Bosch CCTV Now Online at Bass Burglar Alarms

We have added the Bosch line of video surveillance products to our website. As time allows we plan to add the following manufacturers over the next few months:

AG Neovo, Anchor Audio, APC, Apollo, APW Racks, Audio-Technica, Avermedia, AWID, Axis, Azden, Black Box, Blonder Tongue, Box Light, Bretford, B-Tron, BTX, Comprehensive, Corning, Da-Lite, Delta Design, Digital Watchdog, Rl Drake Co, DSI, Dukane, Elextronic Security, Eurobex, Fire King, FLIR, FM Systems, Focus Enhancements, Imagevault, Infocus, Integral Technologies, Kinyo, Knox, Kowa, Kramer, Labor Saving Devices, Leightronix, Lg Commercial, Listen, Mackie, Marantz, MDI, Meridian Technologies, Messoa, Micon, Minuteman, Mobotix, NRG, Pan Pacific, Pentax, Pico Macom, Porta Brace, Quantegy, Rhino, Rosslare Security, Se-Kure, Sun Surveillance, Transtector Systems, Vicon, Videotec, Videotek, Vmp, Winland Electric, Winsted

Reply to
Robert L Bass
Loading thread data ...

The IP stuff and the whole BVIP line too?

Reply to
Roland Moore

Not yet. They may be reserving those to specific dealers. I've got a ton of work to do filling in the descriptions and specifications for the standard video (Envirodome, Autodome, etc.). I'll check on availability of IP video.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Don't bother to post anything on the G3 domes. They're not making those anymore. It is only the G4 now. Unfortunately the G4 doesn't yet have the auto track feature. That is due out sometime between now and October. God Bless those Bosch engineers. Anything that sells well gets delayed, recalled or end of lifed.

Reply to
Roland Moore

There's a lot of work to do. I added a few of the Bosch IP cameras today.

formatting link

Reply to
Robert L Bass

like anyone here gives a shiite. I bet they might care over at alt.security.doityourself, you moron.

Reply to
GROUP MODERATOR

Robert,

I'm curious as to how you are buy>We have added the Bosch line of video surveillance

Reply to
J.

You know he isn't going to tell you about any special deals. As far as training requirement for dealers goes, that is just to make sure the Bosch tech support department isn't overloaded. The Reps get reports of the amount of tech time each dealer consumes versus product purchases as a function of whether or not they stay on the roster as a dealer. For RLB it's great for Bosch. If one of his customers calls up for help they will never get through to consume any tech time. It's pure profit for Bosch. They probably love him (but tell us they hate him).

"J. @netscape.net>"

Reply to
Roland

I handle my own tech support. If I don't know the answer I call the manufacturer's tech support and then call my client back.

You're right that I won't tell him what deals I have with any manufacturers. Why should I? He can make his own deal just as good if he buys enough hardware.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

The following is the horrendous report from the Better Business Bureau on the above company.

It would seem that the wise thing to do would be to avoid doing business with them.

formatting link

BBB Reliability Report

The Better Business Bureau=EF=BF=BD Serving Florida's West Coast P=2EO. Box 7950 Clearwater, FL 33758-7950 (727) 535-5522 (24 Hours)

formatting link

Bass Burglar Alarms

4883 Fallcrest Cir Sarasota, FL 34233-2265 Telephone: (941) 866-1100 Fax: (941) 894-0448
formatting link

The BBB reports on members and non-members. If a company is a member of the BBB, it is stated in this report BBB Definition:

report - A summary of activity reflected in a company's BBB file. Includes basic business background, BBB membership information, and Bureau complaint activity over the previous three years. Also reports may include any known government actions, advertising issues or other information that results from activity conducted by the BBB.

Principal: Mr. Robert L Bass, Owner Customer Contact: Mr. Robert L Bass, Owner - (941) 925-9747 File Open Date: June 2002 TOB Classification: Electric Equipment-Service & Repair, Fire Alarm Systems, Security Control Equipment, Sys/Monitor BBB Membership: This company is not a member.

Additional DBA Names Bass Home Electronics

Customer Experience Based on BBB files, this company has an unsatisfactory record BBB Definition:

unsatisfactory record - A company has an "unsatisfactory business performance record" with the Bureau is based on the experiences reflected in BBB files. This file condition results when the company has failed to resolve or respond to complaints, repeatedly failed to respond or resolve issues in a timely manner, failed to resolve the underlying issues for a pattern BBB Definition:

pattern - More than 2 complaints involving the same allegations usually within 12 months that are significant in relation to the company's size and volume of business.

of complaints, failed to honor their commitment to mediate or arbitrate disputes or honor mediated agreements or arbitrated decisions, failed to substantiate, modify or discontinue false advertising claims that are challenged by the BBB, or failed to discontinue unauthorized use of the BBB name and logo, a Federally protected trademark.

with the Bureau due to unanswered complaints. The company has resolved BBB Definition:

resolved - The company resolved the complaint issues.

some complaints presented by the Bureau, however, the Bureau did not receive a response to other complaints BBB Definition:

other complaints - This refers to complaints from individuals or businesses that do not fall under a specific category.

When considering complaint information, please take into account the company's size and volume of transactions, and understand that the nature of complaints and a firm's responses to them are often more important than the number of complaints.

The Bureau processed a total of 28 complaints about this company in the last 36 months, our standard reporting period. Of the total of 28 complaints closed in 36 months, 9 were closed in the last year.

Delivery Issues BBB Definition:

Delivery Issues - Claims alleging delayed delivery of ordered merchandise.

Resolved BBB Definition:

Resolved - The company resolved the complaint issues.

9 - Company resolved the complaint issues. The consumer acknowledged acceptance to the BBB. 1 - Company addressed the complaint issues. The consumer failed to acknowledge acceptance to the BBB. No Response BBB Definition:

No Response - The company failed to respond to the complaint.

4 - Company failed to respond to the BBB to resolve or address the complaint issues.

Customer Service Issues BBB Definition:

Service Issues - Claims of alleged delay in completing service, failure to provide promised service, inferior quality of provided service, or damaged merchandise as a result of delivery service.

BBB Definition:

Customer Service Issues - Claims alleging unsatisfactory customer service, including personnel's failure to provide assistance in a timely manner, failure to address or respond to customer dissatisfaction, unavailability for customer support, and/or inappropriate behavior or attitude exhibited by company staff.

Resolved BBB Definition:

1 - Company addressed the complaint issues. The consumer failed to acknowledge acceptance to the BBB. No Response BBB Definition:

1 - Company failed to respond to the BBB to resolve or address the complaint issues.

Product Issues BBB Definition:

Product Issues - Claim alleging a product does not meet the expectations of the complainant, including defective merchandise.

No Response BBB Definition:

2 - Company failed to respond to the BBB to resolve or address the complaint issues.

Refund or Exchange Issues BBB Definition:

Refund or Exchange Issues - Claim of alleged failure to honor company policy or verbal commitment to provide refunds, exchanges, or credit for products or services.

Resolved BBB Definition:

6 - Company resolved the complaint issues. The consumer acknowledged acceptance to the BBB. 2 - Company addressed the complaint issues. The consumer failed to acknowledge acceptance to the BBB. No Response BBB Definition:

1 - Company failed to respond to the BBB to resolve or address the complaint issues.

Issue Not Defined No Response BBB Definition:

Additional Addresses, Telephone Numbers, Fax Numbers, and Web Addresses

Additional Addresses

2291 Pine View Cir Sarasota, FL 34231-6929

Additional Phone Numbers Tel: (941) 925-9747 Tel: (877) 722-8900 Tel: (941) 921-3167

Additional Fax Numbers Fax: (941) 925-9747

Additional Web Addresses

formatting link
formatting link

Industry Tips

Safe & Sound: Securing Your Home Home Fire Protection

---------------------------------------------------------------------------=

----- Report as of April 11, 2007 Copyright=EF=BF=BD 2007 Better Business Bureau=EF=BF=BD, Inc.

If you choose to do business with this company, please let the company know that you contacted the Better Business Bureau for a report.

BBB reports may not be reproduced for sales or promotional purposes.

The information in this report has either been provided by the company or has been compiled by the Bureau from other reliable sources.

Reply to
Jim

Thats an easy answer, he just buys them from his distributor

"J. @netscape.net>"

Reply to
Mark Leuck

That won't fly....

Bet me?

Reply to
Milhouse Van Houten

Why wouldn't it fly? I imagine thats the only way he could do it since they won't talk directly to his customers

Reply to
Mark Leuck

There will be outrage expressed by dealers for one. OTOH - if it does temporarily fly Bass will be unable to provide support since he knows NOTHING about these systems. Which will come back to Bosch, and they will not allow anymore sales, since they will get more end users calling them.

Reply to
Milhouse Van Houten

If the Bosch Rep >

Reply to
Roland Moore

Thanks. So far so good. I recently added another line of CCTV equipment and within days landed our largest single order in eight years online. With very few online sites offering a full compliment of IP Video hardware and most offering zero support, we expect to do quite well.

We get a lot of orders from small contractors who are doing business with government and military agencies. We also get a fair amount of direct orders from military installations. One nice thing about those sales is they rarely need advice.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

He knows nothing about a lot of what he sells so that hasn't stopped him in the past. If he is registered as a dealer Bosch will talk to him, and if he uses his distributors dealer number they'll still talk to him. He then relays the info.

I've done that a zillion times

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Yeah... IF Bass decides to take the call. When he is not available, which seems to be quite often, the end-user will have no choice but to turn to the manufacturer or sadly, this NG.

Reply to
Milhouse Van Houten

So how often does he not take the call? You don't know do you?

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Judging by the responses in this NG about poor service, and his abysmal BBB report I would venture to guess quite often.

Reply to
Milhouse Van Houten

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.