Powering off networx alarm security command panel?

How do you power it off? There is no power button. I accidentally set it on and can't get it to disarm, so when i open my door of house, it goes off for like 10 minutes and i can't get it to stop on my own. The alarm goes off, but the red armed light is blinking. I'm afraid to open my door since it will go off again. I tried to go to the alarm speaker to shut it off but can't pull the cover off the wall. It is tough. I don't see a power button to shut off the Networx command panel. I don't know why this is happening since i don't actually have service for this security system. So how do i just power it off completely? Thanks a bunch.

Reply to
luvtopost
Loading thread data ...

This one pegged my Troll-O-Meter... I think it's broken now.

Reply to
Stanley Barthfarkle

Reply to
luvtopost

punchin your code and it will stop.

Reply to
Joe

I apologize for the rude response you received from what appears to be a legitimate question from a novice. Your request is to simply power the unit down. Quite easy.

1. Open the alarm panel (in the closet)
  2. Locate the terminals marked "AC " below the telephone connection and below the terminal marked "ground". Remove one of the wires from under the terminal, not both, and put a piece of electrical tape on it to prevent it from shorting anything else.
  3. Locate the battery. It is big and looks somewhat like a small car battery. Remove one lead, not both and your job is done. The alarm is dead in the water.

If you can see where the panel's transformer is, you can unplug that from the wall and avoid having to remove wires from the terminals themselves (step 2). Regards, and have a good weekend! Allan

Reply to
Allan Waghalter

Legitimate question? From snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com? OK...

Reply to
Stanley Barthfarkle

Do a Google "groups" search, and you'll find this person trolling no fewer than 30 groups posting bullshit questions in order to bait responses.

Reply to
Stanley Barthfarkle

Allan, My brother figured it out. About a year and half ago when i moved in, i had originally wanted phone service(analog line) and my brother waited for the technician to arrive while i was at work. The technician told him to setup a code for the alarm. However, he never told me that and i subsequently never did sign up for alarm monitoring so it got lost by the wayside. My brother finally realized late last night about it and we punched the code and it finally disarmed.

Before that, i actually removed the panel from the wall along with the red(positive), black(negative) wires, as well as the 3rd wire, but the power still did not disabled. So i went to GE's website to look for similar model since the model was never posted on the panel itself. All it did was give me functions to cancel, bypass, etc. However, it did have a picture of a big box(central power for security unit(?)), so i looked for that box in the closets but never found it. I even thought that my Home Director box was part of it, but it turned out to only be for cable and computer network wiring. Finally, I tried to just remove the alarm speaker, but it was tightly secured to the wall.

Oh well. Live and learn i guess. I still cannot f> I apologize for the rude response you received from what appears to be a

Reply to
luvtopost

Reply to
luvtopost

Yeah, okay...........

Reply to
Russell Brill

:-) js

Reply to
alarman

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.