Power832

Met with a prospect with a Power 832 PC 5010 he wants me to install in a

100+ year old house he's furbin. I have used several DSC's and one 832, should be no problem. I am seldom very excited when they have their own equipment. I see it lists the links cellular back up in the manual. Any one got those in the field? How are they? Can it be used without a landline and still fully communitcate with CS ? I probably need 2 or 3 PC5108 8 xone xpandr. Prob use a polarity reversal relay for the bed smoke/horns. Any recommendations for smokes and PR relay for POwer832? Don't suppose they have a two wire solution for that. TIA
Reply to
KingFish
Loading thread data ...

The Links 1000 is an analog unit, and is neither available nor supported by the cell carriers any longer. I sold a few when they were available and never had a bit of trouble with them. I use Telguard TG-4's now, and they work ok for the most part. TG-1 if you don't have a landline, and they send full data, and will handle SIA-2 or Contact ID. (The 5010 has auto SIA, just select format 4)

For 2-wire smokes, I use System Sensor 2WTA-B, with a RRS-MOD reversing relay. They are listed for the 5010.

Reply to
alarman

Good reply. I cant't mix other smokes on that RR zone so I will need 2 zones for fire. does this panel handle more than one 2 wire smoke loop? Whazzat, the keypads have zones on them too?

Reply to
KingFish

No, just one on pgm 2.

Whazzat, the keypads have zones on them too?

1 per keypad, max 8.
Reply to
alarman

You gonna warrantee that used equipment too?

I'd install new stuff or walk away.

Reply to
Crash Gordon

al. =EF=BF=BDAny

ay for the bed

Since it looks like you can't use the Cellular unit, he's going to have to pay for a new one if he wants it. Why don't you just ask the customer if it's alright to replace the panel with a panel that you're used to working with. Just charge him cost or if he really objects, don't charge him for the panel at all. The amount of time that you're going to waste learning a panel that you don't regularly work with is going to cost you more than what you'd pay for a new panel that you're used to. Besides, it's better to have all of one kind of panel out in the field ..... anyway.

If you use Napco, you get a 4 zone expander with each keypad anyway.

Reply to
Jim

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.