pir false alarms

Actually, I just looked it up and it's Kumbaya. Claimed to have been written by Reverend Marvin Frey from ...... yep ...... New York City!!!!! Originally titled "Come By Here". Or if you believe the other story that it originated in South Carolina as "Come by Yuh" sung in Creole dialect. Joan Baez recorded it and Peter Paul and Mary.

I just never saw it spelled before and always thought they were singing Goombya, and was never interested enough to find out WHAT the hell they were singing.

Reply to
Jim
Loading thread data ...

You know that being that lazy will send you straight to hell. Furthermore if you weren't too afraid to read the Bible you'd know the words to that song come straight out of 2nd Hesitations. (Revised pidgin version)

Isn't that what Jim Jones said before the Kool-Aid got him, or was that what Rodney King said after the cops gave him dain bramage? Maybe if Rodney King wasn't singing "Hear me crying, Lord, Kum ba yah!" they would have stopped beating him.

Reply to
Roland Moore

I was thinking more along the age thing

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Some people are grandparents in their 40's.

Just went to a 50th class reunion. I could hardly believe how old all those people were.

Reply to
Jim

If that's all it takes, then I've probably got a reserved seat on the right hand side Mephistopheles.

Wanna hear something funny? Right now, as I write this, my wife is watching something on TV and they're singing ...... yep, Kumbaya!!!!!!!!

I doubt it. They didn't know they were being taped.

The only thing bad that happened during that incident ...... was that some idiot video taped it.

Reply to
Jim

Rmember what Mark Twain said: Go to Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company.

Reply to
Roland Moore

"Jim" a écrit dans le message de news: snipped-for-privacy@16g2000cwy.googlegroups.com...

i was 37 when my 19 years old daughter told me i would be a grampa in a few month,was 38 when the little angel came in our world,and i still have a strange feeling when i see her running around here...just cant think that my kid gotr a kid!

Hamm aren't you part of that age group?if you were invited to that class reunion?

Reply to
Petem

Yeah .... but somehow they all aged faster than I did.

I believe I've witnessed a miracle!!!!

Reply to
Jim

"Jim" a écrit dans le message de news: snipped-for-privacy@j44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...

Alleluia!!!!

now if we could have another miracle.....

Reply to
Petem

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.